What's new

Kamoj Kamoj Addon 5.5 Beta for Netgear R7800/R8900/R9000 with Voxel FW

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Although I have had these problems in the past and I am certainly not here to waste anyone's time.

The download latest version worked 100% this time. In fact I feel dumb for saying anything at all. Well at least this time. On the other hand I am not just imagining this.

I have encountered and never reported here a few times now where I was forced to disable adguard as it starts to cause 404's and timeouts. Sometimes after an update attempt the link and domain would be down permanently.

Without knowing more about how it functions, (I installed it via the link in the menu). Also because the router is my daily home unit it is generally not something I want to mess with exactly at the time it goes down. Often I am a little desperate to be honest at that time for work and other user priorities that the router reflects.

I would try download latest version, clicking and unclicking the installed box, rebooting the router and also uninstalling and wiping Kamoj. Then reinstalling the voxel build than Kamoj. Only to find the domain would still just 404 from the Adguard link in the Kamoj menu? Puzzling? I would resort to what was described in the FAQ. In the end all I can say is there seems to be some way this gets corrupt and almost nothing fixes it.

So having a clearer grasp of how to fix it when it goes down is key. I would love to know how to flush out lingering elements of adguard as I a certain there is retention even with a Kamoj and Voxel wipe+ reinstall. So I do not know the syntax to fix it from terminal, exactly and would love to have wipe feature or better understanding.

Perhaps because I have encountered this more than once and if I am given the liberty to speculate on something I don't know that much about. I would point out that perhaps because there is no confirmation dialog or I am never certain when the install is finished before clicking away. Is this how in gets corrupt?

Thanks just trying to be useful and not irritating thanks again..

Although I have had these problems in the past and I am certainly not here to waste anyone's time.

The download latest version worked 100% this time. In fact I feel dumb for saying anything at all. Well at least this time. On the other hand I am not just imagining this.

I have encountered and never reported here a few times now where I was forced to disable adguard as it starts to cause 404's and timeouts. Sometimes after an update attempt the link and domain would be down permanently.

Without knowing more about how it functions, (I installed it via the link in the menu). Also because the router is my daily home unit it is generally not something I want to mess with exactly at the time it goes down. Often I am a little desperate to be honest at that time for work and other user priorities that the router reflects.

I would try download latest version, clicking and unclicking the installed box, rebooting the router and also uninstalling and wiping Kamoj. Then reinstalling the voxel build than Kamoj. Only to find the domain would still just 404 from the Adguard link in the Kamoj menu? Puzzling? I would resort to what was described in the FAQ. In the end all I can say is there seems to be some way this gets corrupt and almost nothing fixes it.

So having a clearer grasp of how to fix it when it goes down is key. I would love to know how to flush out lingering elements of adguard as I a certain there is retention even with a Kamoj and Voxel wipe+ reinstall. So I do not know the syntax to fix it from terminal, exactly and would love to have wipe feature or better understanding.

Perhaps because I have encountered this more than once and if I am given the liberty to speculate on something I don't know that much about. I would point out that perhaps because there is no confirmation dialog or I am never certain when the install is finished before clicking away. Is this how in gets corrupt?

Thanks just trying to be useful and not irritating thanks again..
You are not irritating at all!
I'm happy for all user feedback.

If AdGuard does not work, temporary switch to DNSCrypt 2 or Stubby - it's just a click away.
That's better than just disabling AdGuard.

One thing to try is to switch off the GUI timeout, to avoid letting the router force you to login again while installing AdGuard:
Kamoj Menu: Settings: Set functions on / off: Disable Router GUI timeout

If the GUI is still not responding, manually uninstall AdGuard by logging in to the router (SSH or Telnet) and from the router command prompt run:
Code:
nvram unset kamoj_adguard_home
nvram commit
/usr/bin/addon_adguard.sh uninstall
reboot

Next:
I think you shall try to switch on the logging function, since the log shows what happens, including errors at install/update.
So, if you have time, try to learn how to use the addon built in supervision and logs. They are there for this reason.
You can supervise and find out very much of what is happening in your router!

Here is a summary of what can be done:
Kamoj Menu: Supervision: SUPERVISION: Supervision On
Kamoj Menu: Supervision: LOGGING SELECTION: Extended - Add more info to supervision logs
Kamoj Menu: Supervision: LOGGING SELECTION: adguard extended logging
Kamoj Menu: Supervision: DNS Privacy/Ad-Blocking: DNS Filter/Encryption: Adguard: Restart at connection failure
Kamoj Menu: Supervision: DNS Privacy/Ad-Blocking: DNS Filter/Encryption: Adguard: Extended logging
Kamoj Menu: Supervision: DNS Privacy/Ad-Blocking: Adguard Home: Download Latest Version
Wait some time for download to finish/fail and then check the log-file(s):
Kamoj Menu: Supervision: DNS Privacy/Ad-Blocking: DNS Filter/Encryption: Adguard: Open Session log
Kamoj Menu: Supervision: DNS Privacy/Ad-Blocking: DNS Filter/Encryption: Adguard: Show last lines in new window
Kamoj Menu: Supervision: Supervision log: Show
Kamoj Menu: System Information: Supervision: Show

Once you have the log, you/me/we might understand your issue, and correct the addon if needed.

Thank you again for using the addon and reporting your issues!

I did click the update banner within AdGuard home, this was using an R9000 router, and it worked fine for me, but keep in mind this was when I was connected via WireGuard VPN, and also had AdGuard Home on, I also had my DNS in my main internet settings on my router set to 1.1.1.1 cloudflare, Im not sure which DNS Adguard Home uses, but I do notice at times it does hang when it cant ping out, so I just make sure I am on VPN using Adguards DNS and it works fine.

I was curious and also tried clicking that AGH update banner.
For me it fails with this message:

2023/02/24 18:36:45.868316 [error] updater: failed: replacing: rename /tmp/AdGuardHome/AdGuardHome /tmp/mnt/sda1/adguard_home/agh-backup/AdGuardHome: invalid cross-device link

So I suspect it is caused because I have enabled "Use USB-device (when present) for Query, Statistics and program logs"
(if this option is enabled and there is an USB, then probably also the binary should be stored on that same USB, instead on in /tmp)

I disabled that option, restarted AGH by restoring config from USB (not sure if restart was needed) -> then again pressed the banner -> it now updated successfully.

So an improvement for the add-on would be that AGH runs entirely from USB, if that option is enabled, so that it can always be updated from AGH banner. (unless you maybe want to switch from stable to beta).

And an improvement could be a restart AGH button. (I now always use "restore config" if I need to restart).

What I do wonder: If not using USB, during the update it will make a backup of the binary -> 25 MB additional data -> can this cause the memory to become full (/tmp is RAM disk), causing the AGH to hang for some people sometimes??
(because I used to have that a lot, when the logs were still stored in /tmp)

I was curious and also tried clicking that AGH update banner.
For me it fails with this message:

2023/02/24 18:36:45.868316 [error] updater: failed: replacing: rename /tmp/AdGuardHome/AdGuardHome /tmp/mnt/sda1/adguard_home/agh-backup/AdGuardHome: invalid cross-device link

So I suspect it is caused because I have enabled "Use USB-device (when present) for Query, Statistics and program logs"
(if this option is enabled and there is an USB, then probably also the binary should be stored on that same USB, instead on in /tmp)

I disabled that option, restarted AGH by restoring config from USB (not sure if restart was needed) -> then again pressed the banner -> it now updated successfully.

So an improvement for the add-on would be that AGH runs entirely from USB, if that option is enabled, so that it can always be updated from AGH banner. (unless you maybe want to switch from stable to beta).

And an improvement could be a restart AGH button. (I now always use "restore config" if I need to restart).

What I do wonder: If not using USB, during the update it will make a backup of the binary -> 25 MB additional data -> can this cause the memory to become full (/tmp is RAM disk), causing the AGH to hang for some people sometimes??
(because I used to have that a lot, when the logs were still stored in /tmp)
It's me again and I am down again. I have issues where adguard eventually but very reliably ends up causing 404's often even having it's domain page go down even after reboots. Things can get really messy if adguard stalls so I often end up disabling and becoming the bad guy of the home. Dispite having many ips just pass through unchecked.

If AdGuard does not work, temporary switch to DNSCrypt 2 or Stubby - it's just a click away.

One thing to try is to switch off the GUI timeout, to avoid letting the router force you to login again while installing AdGuard:

If the GUI is still not responding, manually uninstall AdGuard by logging in to the router (SSH or Telnet) and from the router command prompt run:
Code:
nvram commit
reboot

Next:
I think you shall try to switch on the logging function, since the log shows what happens, including errors at install/update.
So, if you have time, try to learn how to use the addon built in supervision and logs. They are there for this reason.

Kamoj Menu: Supervision: LOGGING SELECTION: Extended - Add more info to supervision logs
Kamoj Menu: Supervision: DNS Privacy/Ad-Blocking: DNS Filter/Encryption: Adguard: Restart at connection failure
Kamoj Menu: Supervision: DNS Privacy/Ad-Blocking: DNS Filter/Encryption: Adguard: Extended logging
Kamoj Menu: Supervision: DNS Privacy/Ad-Blocking: Adguard Home: Download Latest Version

Kamoj Menu: Supervision: DNS Privacy/Ad-Blocking: DNS Filter/Encryption: Adguard: Open Session log
Kamoj Menu: Supervision: DNS Privacy/Ad-Blocking: DNS Filter/Encryption: Adguard: Show last lines in new window

Once you have the log, you/me/we might understand your issue, and correct the addon if needed.

sh /usr/bin/addon_adguard.sh uninstall
Starting Firewall...
Done!
iptables: No chain/target/match by that name.
iptables: Bad rule (does a matching rule exist in that chain?).
ip6tables: No chain/target/match by that name.
ip6tables: Bad rule (does a matching rule exist in that chain?).
2023-03-20 02:06:19 [DNSMASQ] 3460.41 rc.common 7654: stop: killall dnsmasq
2023-03-20 02:06:19 [DNSMASQ] 3460.44 rc.common 7672: start
2023-03-20 02:06:19 [DNSMASQ] 3460.45 rc.common 7672: WARNING: DNSMASQ is disabled in nvram, but disabling dnsmasq only allowed in AP mode.
2023-03-20 02:06:19 [DNSMASQ] 3460.48 rc.common 7672: Resolvers: 217.10.160.8 213.132.33.15 207.69.188.186 2001:568:ff09:10c::68 2001:568:ff09:10b::124
2023-03-20 02:06:19 [DNSMASQ] 3460.49 rc.common 7672: Options:

I get the following and I tried 2 times reboots and all. Still can't access adguard interface and logs are dead now. Adguard setup shows up but no way to setup anymore.

Code:
nvram commit
reboot

Next:

Errors with Adguard retaining settings between Brick wipes confuses me. I use the 2 flash method with TFTP and after I finally get Kamoj reinstalled there is some data retention. I don't understand how that is possible. I would accuse my setup is I didn't own 2 r7800s and they both develop these issues.

I suspect there is something wrong with both units as I have had issues with the 1733 wide channel causing the 5ghz band to just attempt and drop endlessly until I run.

wlan down;wlan up;for i in 1 2;do { [ "$(dni_wlan radio 11a -s)" != "ON" ] || [ "$(dni_wlan radio 11g -s)" != "ON" ]; } && wlan toggle; done
Sorry, rule does not exist.
/sbin/wlan: eval: 1: wpsled: Permission denied
Invalid command : dni_vlan_pri
Error for wireless request "Set Fragmentation Threshold" (8B24) :
SET failed on device ath1 ; Invalid argument.
Interface doesn't accept private ioctl...
stafwd (8BE0): Invalid argument
vhtmubfee (8BE0): Invalid argument
SET failed on device ath0 ; Invalid argument.

----------------------------------------
Vendor IE info Ioctl CMD id : 29
ID : dd
Len (OUI+ Pcapdata) in Bytes : b
OUI : 00146c
Private capibility_data : 0801010110000000
Frame Include Mask : 18

Configuration file: /var/run/hostapd-ath1.conf
ath1: Could not connect to kernel driver
Using interface ath1 with hwaddr b0:b9:8a:6e:ee:e4 and ssid "sands-south-slow"
ath1: interface state UNINITIALIZED->ENABLED
ath1: AP-ENABLED
Configuration file: /var/run/hostapd-ath0.conf
ath0: Could not connect to kernel driver
Using interface ath0 with hwaddr b0:b9:8a:6e:ee:e6 and ssid "sands-south"
ath0: interface state UNINITIALIZED->ENABLED
ath0: AP-ENABLED

In this case both r7800 sands-south and my other r7800 sands-north are doing the same thing and I have done the TFTP brick rebuild protocol every few weeks when this happens. Whats really odd is why it often happens to both locations at once some times. Is the information polluted <shrug>

Perhaps its one of my Kamoj settings like WPS disable. From my limited perspective it looks suspect that the bold part I have highlighted above had permission denied. But then again I don't understand all the "sorry rule doesn't exist" messages either. What I do know is both my r7800's do the same thing often after Kamoj install. On the AP (unit1) or Router (unit2) doesn't matter. So maybe my units are BOTH defective? Or I use settings that cause this to happen eventually but why are they able retaining data after double flash nvram wipe? The fact this doesn't alleviate the problem means it seems even deeper in the unit than I thought possible?!

In my unfortunate experience (likely bad units) the supervision has maybe ran out of resources and caused the entire router to become inaccessible from the homepage. I have tried many combinations of supervise (supervision) etc. What I think causes is all those error messages that happen during Wifi repair string protocol.. I mean I assume thats what supervision does. So if manually running it provides that error, I assume that is why supervision can be even more catastrophic as it maybe is having hardware glitch response hanging the unit in a loop? ..

I mean all I get is ; 404 / error loading sentence with no recourse. Even after reboots with supervision and wifi supervision enabled. Sometimes I can sneak in for a minute in this situation and prompt a factory wipe which. Eventually repeating the same steps yields a different outcome. This has gone on for a very long time.

Thanks if anyone can help save me from abandoning my loved setup that I persist through this as I really like the work Kamoj / Voxel and the team have put it. Hotlinks to all my favorite, sites , auto checking and auditing. Really its all there but for me I am struggling.

Last edited:
Hi,

It's been a while since I updated the Kamoj add-on and have forgotten how to do it - could someone please send me a link where I would find the instructions and the files?

Thanks!

jra505

Best to ask @kamoj directly. :)

Hi,

It's been a while since I updated the Kamoj add-on and have forgotten how to do it - could someone please send me a link where I would find the instructions and the files?

Thanks!

jra505

Click on Kamoj's avatar and then click on Start conversation to send him a private message and ask for the links and instructions.

Screenshot 2023-03-29 094513.jpg

Here is a log from my R900 router performing the same command.
There are errors everywhere - this is the way of Netgear/DNI, really terrible programming.
If it was not for Voxel I would never dare to buy a Netgear router.
Code:
root@R9000:~$ wlan down;wlan up;for i in 1 2;do { [ "$(dni_wlan radio 11a -s)" != "ON" ] || [ "$(dni_wlan radio 11g -s)" != "ON" ]; } && wlan toggle; done
Use -o only in OUTPUT, FORWARD and POSTROUTING chains.
Using interface ath1 with hwaddr xx and ssid "XX1"
    SET failed on device ath11 ; Invalid argument.
Configuration file: /var/run/hostapd-ath11.conf
ath11: Could not connect to kernel driver
Using interface ath11 with hwaddr yy and ssid "YY"
ath11: interface state UNINITIALIZED->ENABLED
ath11: AP-ENABLED
Using interface ath0 with hwaddr ZZA and ssid "ZZA-5G"
    SET failed on device ath01 ; Invalid argument.
Configuration file: /var/run/hostapd-ath01.conf
ath01: Could not connect to kernel driver
Using interface ath01 with hwaddr ZZB and ssid "ZZB-5G"
ath01: interface state UNINITIALIZED->ENABLED
ath01: AP-ENABLED
/sbin/wlan: /sbin/wlan: 1: execute_wifi_updateconf_event: not found
root@R9000:~$

Errors with Adguard retaining settings between Brick wipes confuses me. I use the 2 flash method with TFTP and after I finally get Kamoj reinstalled there is some data retention. I don't understand how that is possible. I would accuse my setup is I didn't own 2 r7800s and they both develop these issues.

I suspect there is something wrong with both units as I have had issues with the 1733 wide channel causing the 5ghz band to just attempt and drop endlessly until I run.

wlan down;wlan up;for i in 1 2;do { [ "$(dni_wlan radio 11a -s)" != "ON" ] || [ "$(dni_wlan radio 11g -s)" != "ON" ]; } && wlan toggle; done

Using interface ath1 with hwaddr b0:b9:8a:6e:ee:e4 and ssid "sands-south-slow"
Using interface ath0 with hwaddr b0:b9:8a:6e:ee:e6 and ssid "sands-south"

In this case both r7800 sands-south and my other r7800 sands-north are doing the same thing and I have done the TFTP brick rebuild protocol every few weeks when this happens. Whats really odd is why it often happens to both locations at once some times. Is the information polluted <shrug>

Perhaps its one of my Kamoj settings like WPS disable. From my limited perspective it looks suspect that the bold part I have highlighted above had permission denied. But then again I don't understand all the "sorry rule doesn't exist" messages either. What I do know is both my r7800's do the same thing often after Kamoj install. On the AP (unit1) or Router (unit2) doesn't matter. So maybe my units are BOTH defective? Or I use settings that cause this to happen eventually but why are they able retaining data after double flash nvram wipe? The fact this doesn't alleviate the problem means it seems even deeper in the unit than I thought possible?!

In my unfortunate experience (likely bad units) the supervision has maybe ran out of resources and caused the entire router to become inaccessible from the homepage. I have tried many combinations of supervise (supervision) etc. What I think causes is all those error messages that happen during Wifi repair string protocol.. I mean I assume thats what supervision does. So if manually running it provides that error, I assume that is why supervision can be even more catastrophic as it maybe is having hardware glitch response hanging the unit in a loop? ..

I mean all I get is ; 404 / error loading sentence with no recourse. Even after reboots with supervision and wifi supervision enabled. Sometimes I can sneak in for a minute in this situation and prompt a factory wipe which. Eventually repeating the same steps yields a different outcome. This has gone on for a very long time.

Thanks if anyone can help save me from abandoning my loved setup that I persist through this as I really like the work Kamoj / Voxel and the team have put it. Hotlinks to all my favorite, sites , auto checking and auditing. Really its all there but for me I am struggling.

Here is a log from my R900 router performing the same command.
There are errors everywhere - this is the way of Netgear/DNI, really terrible programming.
If it was not for Voxel I would never dare to buy a Netgear router.
Code:
root@R9000:~$ wlan down;wlan up;for i in 1 2;do { [ "$(dni_wlan radio 11a -s)" != "ON" ] || [ "$(dni_wlan radio 11g -s)" != "ON" ]; } && wlan toggle; done
Use -o only in OUTPUT, FORWARD and POSTROUTING chains.
Using interface ath1 with hwaddr xx and ssid "XX1"
    SET failed on device ath11 ; Invalid argument.
Configuration file: /var/run/hostapd-ath11.conf
ath11: Could not connect to kernel driver
Using interface ath11 with hwaddr yy and ssid "YY"
ath11: interface state UNINITIALIZED->ENABLED
ath11: AP-ENABLED
Using interface ath0 with hwaddr ZZA and ssid "ZZA-5G"
    SET failed on device ath01 ; Invalid argument.
Configuration file: /var/run/hostapd-ath01.conf
ath01: Could not connect to kernel driver
Using interface ath01 with hwaddr ZZB and ssid "ZZB-5G"
ath01: interface state UNINITIALIZED->ENABLED
ath01: AP-ENABLED
/sbin/wlan: /sbin/wlan: 1: execute_wifi_updateconf_event: not found
root@R9000:~$
@kamoj do you know why the router kept my illinois congestion control setting (couple other Kamoj settings) after the TFTP firmwares, nvram wipe and erase mtd netgear. Is this all stored in the Kamoj settings. How can I wipe even kamoj settings manually for the cleanest lowest (legally available) wipe before rebuild.

One last valid question about kamoj, Does NETGEAR_R7800.cfg file restore Kamoj settings ? I know how to check for large .cfg file indicating a corrupt backup but under 30kb. With uninstall of Kamoj before TFTP wipe and after nvram/ mtd erase procedure should be safe to use backup to save time.. Or at least that is my thinking.

Last edited:
I have something very useful to add to FAQ TFTP section. I am serious when I say I cannot get a white flashing status easily!! Some painful nights I tried over and over until finally I discovered a way which works flawlessly. To the point where I want to let others know that I can get it to work nearly the first attempt when I (hold the WPS, and Wifi Toggle buttons with the Reset Pin all at once) ; performed immediately. Letting go of all three during the first moment the light finishes orange flash and white flash occurs. Without the front left two toggle buttons I would receive a solid white light after orange flash... This sequence wouldn't yield a TFTP host for flash transfer unlike with the buttons held down.

I hope this helps someone because for me the guide protocol written everywhere here, elsewhere online and even over at netgear... simply didn't include my step which worked. Maybe it's my hardware..

@kamoj do you know why the router kept my illinois congestion control setting (couple other Kamoj settings) after the TFTP firmwares, nvram wipe and erase mtd netgear. Is this all stored in the Kamoj settings. How can I wipe even kamoj settings manually for the cleanest lowest (legally available) wipe before rebuild.

One last valid question about kamoj, Does NETGEAR_R7800.cfg file restore Kamoj settings ? I know how to check for large .cfg file indicating a corrupt backup but under 30kb. With uninstall of Kamoj before TFTP wipe and after nvram/ mtd erase procedure should be safe to use backup to save time.. Or at least that is my thinking.
Please read the FAQ.
There is a command to erase kamoj settings (but uninstalling it and answer the question is the correct way to do it).
And yes, you should/could uninstall the kamoj addon before e.g. upgrading - if you want to lose all kamoj addon settings.
The kamoj settings are stored in nvram together with the Netgear settings.

@kamoj
I want to manually configure Stubby which is taken from nextdns pro, how can I edit/insert parameters, for example here is the configuration:
round_robin_upstreams: 1
upstream_recursive_servers:
- address_data: 45.90.28.0
tls_auth_name: "id.dns.nextdns.io"
- address_data: 2a07:a8c0::0
- address_data: 45.90.30.0
- address_data: 2a07:a8c1::0
Tks so much !

I just updated the FAQ.txt with the following:

Q: Can I use my own configuration file with Stubby?
A: Yes, just edit /etc/stubby/stubby.yml and restart Stubby.
Tip: Use a USB memory to make it survive FW upgrade.
Using the addon, you can e.g. do this:
Code:
      mkdir -p /tmp/mnt/sda1/stubby
      \cp /etc/stubby/stubby.yml /tmp/mnt/sda1/stubby/stubby.yml
1. Update/Edit the Stubby configuration file to what you want.
Using the kamoj addon, Kamoj Menu: DNS Privacy/Ad-Blocking page:
"Edit Stubby Configuration" : Get current
Update the config to what you want
"Edit Stubby Configuration" : Save configuration
The addon will now automatically restart Stubby.
Check that the DNS is working, e.g. by looking in the log-file:
DNS Filter/Encryption: Stubby: Open Session log

2. Find out how your USB device is mounted.
Using the kamoj addon, Kamoj Menu: System Information: USB1 Info/USB2 Info:
Look for the line "USB_MOUNTID", e.g.:
USB_MOUNTID='sda1'
In this case you use sda1, as in the next step.
(If it says 'sdb1' then use sdb1 instead of sda1 in next step).

3. Copy the router configuration file to the usb device, e.g.
by issuing these command from the router command prompt:
Code:

4. Copy the Stubby configuration file from USB to router at each boot:
Using the kamoj addon, Kamoj Menu: Settings 2:
"Create start script entries manually (Executed at boot time) - Note: A USB device is recommended"
Add e.g. these 2 command lines in the text box:
Code:
      \cp "$(find /tmp/mnt/ -type f -name "stubby.yml"|tail -n1)" /etc/stubby/stubby.yml
      /etc/init.d/stubby restart
Press "Save start script"

5. Done. Test that it functions OK by rebooting the router.

@kamoj
I want to manually configure Stubby which is taken from nextdns pro, how can I edit/insert parameters, for example here is the configuration:
Tks so much !

I just updated the FAQ.txt with the following:

Q: Can I use my own configuration file with Stubby?
A: Yes, just edit /etc/stubby/stubby.yml and restart Stubby.
Tip: Use a USB memory to make it survive FW upgrade.
Using the addon, you can e.g. do this:
Code:
1. Update/Edit the Stubby configuration file to what you want.
Using the kamoj addon, Kamoj Menu: DNS Privacy/Ad-Blocking page:
"Edit Stubby Configuration" : Get current
Update the config to what you want
"Edit Stubby Configuration" : Save configuration
The addon will now automatically restart Stubby.
Check that the DNS is working, e.g. by looking in the log-file:
DNS Filter/Encryption: Stubby: Open Session log
I tried your way but it doesn't seem to work with the Stubby configuration that NextDNS instructs, not sure where I did it wrong(I changed my ID in the code below):

Capture.PNG

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!