What's new

Kamoj Kamoj Addon 5.5 Beta for Netgear R7800/R8900/R9000 with Voxel FW

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Dear @kamoj thank you for your continuous work!

I never had the following issue with prevous versions, until I upgraded yesterday to the latest Voxel firmware 92SF and kamoj addon v5.5b19 on my R7800 and I had trouble enabling Adguard. I noticed that whenever enabling Adguard all devices connected on my router went offline, even though Router>Basic>Internet was reporting as GOOD. Additionally i could not connect on Adguard login screen.

Only solution was to reboot router to get Internet back and be able to connect to Adguard dashboard. Then I went to bed and on the morning went to work. I came back in the afternoon, started my pc and realized that Internet was again not connected on my PC. Had to reboot router again to get it back (while i forgot to check the logs). Also my wife told me that in the morning she didn't have Internet.

I checked Traffic Meter service and it is already disabled.

Adguard enabled throughout the whole day. Also when we press Download Latest Version button how long does it actually take to download it, as there is no indicator for this? Maybe my installation is not complete or corrupted.
I suggest you look at the adguard log-file, and the supervision log for the boot/start behaviour.
If adguard problem continue, try an old version, or the beta version.

Maybe you can try dnscrypt until you understand what is wrong?

What does offline/not connected mean?
Can you ping e.g. 1.1.1.1 from the router prompt, or your connected devices?
If so, it's just a DNS failure.

I suggest you look at the adguard log-file, and the supervision log for the boot/start behaviour.
If adguard problem continue, try an old version, or the beta version.

Maybe you can try dnscrypt until you understand what is wrong?

What does offline/not connected mean?
Can you ping e.g. 1.1.1.1 from the router prompt, or your connected devices?
If so, it's just a DNS failure.
Thank you for your answer!

Sorry for my questions but where do I look for the adguard-log file?
For the boot/start behaviour where do i look? Do i have to enable Supervision On? It is currently unticked.

EDIT: They are both under root/tmp/log?

Last edited:
Thank you for your answer!

Sorry for my questions but where do I look for the adguard-log file?
For the boot/start behaviour where do i look? Do i have to enable Supervision On? It is currently unticked.

EDIT: They are both under root/tmp/log?
Yes, you can find logs in /tmp/log, or much easier through the GUI:
Kamoj Menu: DNS Privacy/Ad-Blocking: DNS Filter/Encryption: Adguard:
Kamoj Menu: System Information: Supervision: Show

PS
When I get help and like a posting here in the SNB Forums, I show my appreciation by pressing the "Like" button.
That way I usually get even more help!

Yes, you can find logs in /tmp/log, or much easier through the GUI:
Kamoj Menu: DNS Privacy/Ad-Blocking: DNS Filter/Encryption: Adguard:
Kamoj Menu: System Information: Supervision: Show
Thanks! Will check & revert in case i get the same behaviour tonight.

Adguard enabled throughout the whole day. Also when we press Download Latest Version button how long does it actually take to download it, as there is no indicator for this? Maybe my installation is not complete or corrupted.
Usually when I press the download latest version button, I just count to 10, there is no indication at all :/ , I am having minor problems with Adguard Home but its with a certain DNS, thtas a different topic, what I do is select under DNS privacy, to NONE, then click erase config, then go back to Adguard home, then reload the advanced page, then you should see on the left hand side itll say Adguard setup, and I would setup like that again, unless I have a usb drive in, and it saved the config file, itll load the config file right away so no set up, but I did put AGH on port 8089, just to be sure its not conflicting with anything, I know AGH can be frustrating :(

Usually when I press the download latest version button, I just count to 10, there is no indication at all :/ , I am having minor problems with Adguard Home but its with a certain DNS, thtas a different topic, what I do is select under DNS privacy, to NONE, then click erase config, then go back to Adguard home, then reload the advanced page, then you should see on the left hand side itll say Adguard setup, and I would setup like that again, unless I have a usb drive in, and it saved the config file, itll load the config file right away so no set up, but I did put AGH on port 8089, just to be sure its not conflicting with anything, I know AGH can be frustrating :(
For information about e.g. adguard download/installation: https://www.snbforums.com/threads/k...0-r8900-r9000-with-voxel-fw.76440/post-748659
Then, please let me know if and what is missing, so I can fix it.

First time I use Kamoj Addon (latest build) mainly to get my both HDDs going sleep mode, but after the whole night with "Spin down" set to 60 minutes, this morning they are still on. Any suggest?
I've a R9000

First time I use Kamoj Addon (latest build) mainly to get my both HDDs going sleep mode, but after the whole night with "Spin down" set to 60 minutes, this morning they are still on. Any suggest?
I've a R9000
You are very welcome!
I have a note that the R9000 is different from the R7800 regarding hd-idle, so I can not test it myself.
I also looked in the code, and I think the spin down time will always be 30 min (will be corrected in next release).

Can you check if the hd-idle program is running at all?
You can look in the add-on Kamoj Menu: System Information: ps: Show
or from router command line:
Code:
ps -w|grep -v grep|grep -i idle

You are very welcome!
I have a note that the R9000 is different from the R7800 regarding hd-idle, so I can not test it myself.
I also looked in the code, and I think the spin down time will always be 30 min (will be corrected in next release).

Can you check if the hd-idle program is running at all?
You can look in the add-on Kamoj Menu: System Information: ps: Show
or from router command line:
Code:
ps -w|grep -v grep|grep -i idle
This is all my System information. I can't find that info.
System info

This is all my System information. I can't find that info.
System info
Ok, thank you.
I have just studied @Voxel code for R9000, and hd-idle program is missing there.
So, it can not work with the R9000.

I'm confused because in the Release Note I find this:
2022-01-16 1.0.4.57HF:
17. hd-idle package is upgraded 1.04->1.05.

We need @Voxel to solve this issue.

One last check though, to see if the program is there or not.
Run from router prompt:
Code:
find / -name "hd-idle"

Ok, thank you.
I have just studied @Voxel code for R9000, and hd-idle program is missing there.
So, it can not work with the R9000.

I'm confused because in the Release Note I find this:
2022-01-16 1.0.4.57HF:
17. hd-idle package is upgraded 1.04->1.05.

We need @Voxel to solve this issue.

One last check though, to see if the program is there or not.
Run from router prompt:
Code:
find / -name "hd-idle"
Done. It's not there.

I'll have a go at it. But not sure I can do it, or when - not this month for sure.
If I can do it I also need someone with an R9000 to test it before release.
Ok. If I can help you let me know. Meanwhile I'll disconnect my HDDs from router.

Changes in kamoj-addon beta version 2022-03-05 5.5b20
---------------------------------------------------------------
- Adapted aws to Voxel "noaws" changes
- R9000: Added "Spin Down" program hd-idle. (@Matixo)
- Corrected the "Spin Down" function timeout, to work with other than 30 min timeout.
- Router Information: Internet connection status: Display Error in red when nslookup fails after 200 ms.
(To all with slow/bad connections, I'll make this configurable in a later release.)

Last edited:
Can anybody tell me how to setup qos in the hidden menu....if i change the prio,'s in the attached device, the settings wont change en keep all low on the devices

Checked. Not working yet.
First, toggle the "On" checkbox, and change time to 1 minute, and press Ok.
(The checkbox itself makes no update, you need to press "Ok" after each change.)
And again see if the program is there or not.
Run from router prompt:
Code:
ps2 | grep idle
(For R7800 the output looks like:
Code:
root@R7800:~$ ps2 | grep idle
root       786        0  0.0  0.0   1712   384 pts/0    S+   19:47   0:00    1   786   0 grep idle
root     31236        0  0.0  0.0    820   240 ?        S    19:47   0:00    1 31236   1 /usr/bin/hd-idle -i 60
)

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!