What's new

LACP Config for 2x WAN Connections - RT-AC68U

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

evakq8r

New Around Here
Hi all,

Not even sure this is possible, but I'll ask anyway. As the title suggests, is it possible to configure LACP within the RT-AC68U to use 2 WAN connections? In my case, they are both FTTH.

Router: RT-AC68U
Switch (that *should* support LACP/LAG**): TPLink TL-2216

** I say should as I get mixed outputs when trying to configure LACP/LAG with this switch. Sometimes it shows a LAG group when I configure it, sometimes it doesn't, sometimes it will just lock up. Likely my error though.

I've tried following http://www.snbforums.com/threads/how-to-link-aggregation-lacp-on-rt-ac68u-w-r-p.20441/ and reworking it for the WAN and LAN4 port to authenticate both WAN sessions, but it seems that either the config doesn't like the built-in WAN port, or I'm just doing something wrong. The LinkAgg script doesn't even seem to recognise the WAN/Internet port in the router at all..

Before I delve back into trying this again (I tried a month or so ago but run out of time to work on it, then forgot about it), is it even possible to do this?

If it is, what do I need to do to make it work?

I think you cant use LAG for WAN, try Loadbalancing instead Wan - Dual Wan

Hmm, interesting. The purpose of doing LAG was to aggregate both links together, and given they're all going through Ethernet ports, I'd have thought it would be a matter of determining internal mappings and modifying the code accordingly. That being said, Dual WAN works fine without the need to use any type of coding at all.

Thanks for the reply anyway.