What's new

Latest firmware update

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Cary5500

Occasional Visitor
I recently updated Merlin firmware from previous Merlin firmware.

Do I need to do a factory reset after firmware updates?

edit* the reason I ask is because after update internet is terribly slow.

It shouldn't be necessary. Try completely powering off and then turning on the router.

You could try a factory reset and see if that makes any difference.

Backup your settings and JFFS partition before the reset (Administration - Restore/Save/Upload Setting). If it doesn't improve matters you can then restore your old settings if you want to.

How slow is slow? How are you testing this?

It’s mostly from a distance.. The ps4 in the kids bedroom is suffering the worst at 80mgb prior to the update it was 150mgb. Ethernet seems to be pretty on par as before. 300-370mgb. Wi-Fi 5g near the router nets 361mgb. 15ft away it drops to 244mgb

I recently updated Merlin firmware from previous Merlin firmware
Posting ACTUAL firmware version numbers is never a bad idea :)

And the other 50% would be what did you upgrade from? :)
well, there's still 1/3rd missing: which machine? That all helps get the picture focused ;-)

* the reason I ask is because after update internet is terribly slow.
What are you using to quantify this speed drop? If you roll back the firmware, do the speed tests return to your expected resulting speeds?

What are you using to quantify this speed drop? If you roll back the firmware, do the speed tests return to your expected resulting speeds?
Speed test via app. I haven’t tried to roll back. It looks as though the firmware update was setting 5g to Chanel 44 permanently. I set it to 161 it helped some.

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!