What's new

Linksys e3200 router review?

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

RogerSC

Part of the Furniture
I'm seeing good user reviews of the e3200 (e3000 replacement) router, and am wondering how it performs and stacks up against, say the Netgear 3700 v1/v2, or other dual-band routers that have only 300Mb/s on 5GHz. Since I only have 300Mb/s 5GHz. clients, I don't see anything wrong with buying a router for that.

Not future-proof, but what is the future, anyways *smile*?

Is this router going to be reviewed here on SmallNetBuilder? I really respect the reviews here, and am not likely to buy this router until I see that.

Thanks very much.

Dual band is a need

I'm currently using 5GHz. for streaming video, and 2.4GHz. for a desktop, a Verizon network extender with 3G, smartphone WiFi, and a couple of laptops.

I'll take a look at Newegg, but that's more user reviews, not a technical review like the ones that are done here.

I'll be doing one of the "New To The Charts" reviews sometime in the next few weeks.

Thanks

Good to hear. I have a Netgear WNDR3700 that has served me well, but is getting on in years *smle*, and I work from home, so I need to be sure I have a backup router.

Just gave away my trusty Dlink DIR-655 to my daughter's new apartment, so I'm shopping.

Thanks much, you're a thorough reviewer, and your work is really appreciated.

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!