What's new

Linksys WRT610N Simultaneous Dual-N Band Wireless Router Reviewed

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Tom's hardware just compared these routers:

1 – Asus RT-N13U And RT-N16
2 – Belkin N150 And N1 Vision
3 – D-Link DIR-685
4 – Linksys WRT610N
5 – Netgear WRN2000v2 And WNDR3700
6 – Ruckus Wireless 7811
7 – TP-Link WR741ND
8 – TRENDnet TEW-654TR And TEW-671BR

The winner was the WRT610N

Sure wish Tim was able to retest version 2. I'm just curious if they fixed issues or implemented modifications over ver 1....

Last edited:
Sure wish Tim was able to retest version 2. I'm just curious if they fixed issues or implemented modifications over ver 1....
I've already commented some time ago that there are no differences that would significantly change performance between V1 and V2.

Besides the E3000 replaces the WRT610N.

I've already commented some time ago that there are no differences that would significantly change performance between V1 and V2.

Besides the E3000 replaces the WRT610N.

of course there is a major change between v1 and v2, v1 is operating at 300mhz processor, and the v2 and E3000 both have a newer 480 - 533mhz processor, not sure which frequency since broadcom states it is 533mhz and on the open-wrt wiki it says 480mhz

I'll take a look at this review, but Tim's review is always better.:D I always say it's better to show how things works inside then go from there. Than to just talk about it with pictures. I see no mention on that site for EnGenius ESR-9850 or none of their line.

Why didn't they test the Belkin N+? Why test the slow poke N150 or that N1. Oh well, another confusing review.

ESR-9850, ESR-7750 (ESR-7760 has Gig/Dual band not available in the USA), Belkin N+, Belkin Play Max, DIR-655, DIR-685, WNDR-3700, E3000, E2000 should be the focus points for now for a very well though out detail review.

Hi.

I recently bought an android device, a Samsung Galaxy S phone. It supports Wifi N 2'4Ghz, broadcom chipset. Links up to 72Mbps with this router.

The router drops connection under heavy load. Copying files or streaming video. I can surf internet or watch youtube fine, but after a few MB of file transfers or 6 to 12 minutes of video streaming (Windows PC or owns router as media servers) router drops connection.

The phone has no problems at all with cheaps routers from ISP (Zyxel or Comtrend), so its WRT610n fault. Cisco live chat was good for nothing and blame phone.

The router has the latest firmware from one year ago. So I think Linksys is not going to update it anymore, even with the hardware ressemblances with E3000. Also, it doesn't look so hot. ISP routers runs much hotter.

Is there anything I can do? RMA? Burn it and buy a Netgear?
________
Learning disorders forums

Last edited:
mesh wireless network using wrt 610n router

I beginner in this field and need you all help me to solve this problem . I hear that router linksys wrt 610n can make few channel . I wan to create the wireless network topology using this router . the concept is ; i use 3 router connect each other but only use main router as server to connect with internet. mean that every people connect one from three router can access the internet. the connection like in this website :

http://wirelessafrica.meraka.org.za/wiki/index.php/DIY_Mesh_Guide

any1 can give opinion?

Hi.

I recently bought an android device, a Samsung Galaxy S phone. It supports Wifi N 2'4Ghz, broadcom chipset. Links up to 72Mbps with this router.

The router drops connection under heavy load. Copying files or streaming video. I can surf internet or watch youtube fine, but after a few MB of file transfers or 6 to 12 minutes of video streaming (Windows PC or owns router as media servers) router drops connection.

The phone has no problems at all with cheaps routers from ISP (Zyxel or Comtrend), so its WRT610n fault. Cisco live chat was good for nothing and blame phone.

The router has the latest firmware from one year ago. So I think Linksys is not going to update it anymore, even with the hardware ressemblances with E3000. Also, it doesn't look so hot. ISP routers runs much hotter.

Is there anything I can do? RMA? Burn it and buy a Netgear?

I know I'm a bit late but you should give dd-wrt a go!
http://www.dd-wrt.com/wiki/index.php/Linksys_WRT610N
I'm about to finally get round to putting it on my v1 (been stable on the v1 for yonks).
Should be 'rock solid' by now & hopefully slightly better performing, + more featureful than the last fw from Linksys.
Can't hurt, or one of the other 3rd party fw:
http://tomatousb.org/
http://openwrt.org

Last edited:
After Samsung released their last firmware, the Phone works sweeeeet with this router.

No complaints anymore.

Thanks anyway. Maybe if any open firmware gets stable enough, I may get them a try.
________
UNIVERSAL LIFE INSURANCE FORUM

Last edited:
dd-wrt plenty stable on my 610v1, not sure how stable it is yet on v2 (which is exaclty the same as E3000)

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!