What's new

Manage NordVPN recommended servers through addons API page

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Also looking great! There's even logic to know which countries have a single location or multiple cities to choose from!

A question @Jack Yaz ... what does "managed" mean?
i couldn't think of a better word. when updating from the webui, i needed the script to fire off updates for any changes that had been made. i needed a way to indicate to the script to only update clients you cared about. otherwise, whatever was left select in the ui (like protocol and type) for unwanted clients (in my case, i use 1 and 2 for nord, 3-5 are other providers) would override the settings. managed sounded like a nice fit for the manager theme of the script

City prompting done too. Currently all the menus do is store the selected country and city name and ids in the config file.

Tomorrow I'll work on having the "get recommended" taking into account chosen country and city.

Tested the city-part too, excellent work Jack, thank you.

Hello Jack, while testing couldn't recognize any issue, works as it should! ;)

Yep, TopTen is a good approach i think, you mean the fastest 10 or just 10? Ah, nevermind, reading exactly is not that easy sometimes. :D:D
Question answered.

But I've got another one, what are your timings for updating, mine are 0,12. Or is once a day enough, what do you think?

cu

Last edited:
Late to the party here, will this preserve client bypass settings and DNS settings in the configurations ? Can you specify a favorite server as well ?

Late to the party here, will this preserve client bypass settings and DNS settings in the configurations ? Can you specify a favorite server as well ?
policy routing is untouched, i think if the client is unconfigured, dns and killswitch are set, but they're untouched on subsequent updates (i.e. if you change it after configuring the client your changes will be kept).

no to favourite server (for now?), we're focussing on country/city selection for preferring servers

Hi Jack, again without issues for me so far and thx for improving the jq-part. ;):)

How do we test this from the link?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Use nano and change from “master” to “develop” under /jffs/scripts/nvpnmgr?

Got ya! Thank you!

Works great!

Any plans to show country and city selections in WebUI?

Great work! Thank you so much!

Works great!

Any plans to show country and city selections in WebUI?

Great work! Thank you so much!

Happened to check the NordVPN app and my selected server from the NVPNMGR was the second from the top server form their list that had the least load and closest to me!

How do I move from the master to develop branch so I can update to the latest test version.

How do I move from the master to develop branch so I can update to the latest test version.
Use nano and change from “master” to “develop” under /jffs/scripts/nvpnmgr?

Will add that if this seems confusing it may be worth holding off under it has been tested by more experienced users.

Just 'nvpnmgr develop' without quotes.

This is working brilliantly! I've never changed my VPN server so often even just for testing... sooo easy!

Seems like it's working for @Marin too (who made the original request around the capability to choose a city)!

I have one final suggestion/request @Jack Yaz... can we have an "update now" button on the page for each VPN server that is being "managed". Then we could switch on demand as well as through a schedule?

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!