What's new

Mash Network vs Extender Long range

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Nevek

New Around Here
Hi all, I am currently faced with the following problem.

At my new place I am trying to expend my WiFi signal. Due to structure limitation, the position of the router and the idea position of the extender/repeated are fixed (no possibility to reduce the distance). There are no LAN cable installed so APs are out of question as well.

I am currently running an old NETGEAR R7000 and an EX6200 for my router/extender combo and I am getting very mediocre results (running on 2.4Ghz only for max. range).

With the recent advances in mash network devices do you all think that maybe I should tryout those devices?
I thought about buying 2 Asus Rt88u and using its AiMesh technology but I couldn’t find a review where it was faced with such an issue.

Any other alternatives I should look into? (Budget is not a issue)

MANY THANKS!!!

If you have installed coaxial cables you can set up a moca 2.0 connection and just connect a Access point router to the other end of the moca 2.0 device the moca will carry your Ethernet connection via coaxial cable---- your already installed cable lines.--- this will allow you to extend your wireless as well.

Many thanks for your help.

One issue is that at the place where I want to set up my extender/repeater is in a different flat, thus using coaxial cable is not a possibility.