What's new

[Maylyn - Networking] ASUS ZenWiFi XT8

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

After testing, I am liking XT8 as individual APs more than AiMesh nodes as the channels and guest networks are way more customizable. I also like to be able to assign non-overlapping channels for the different bands. However, the 5G-1 band seems to be fixed on using channels 36-38 when on 80MHz channel settings. Is it possible to change it to using channel 52-64?

Great news. Thanks for sharing! Hope it works out for ya. Been fantastic for us so far. Fingers crossed.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
is the 25513 firmware still going strong for you? I'm interested in giving it a shot, although I haven't had much issues with 25509 except for one disconnect of the node from the router.

25513 is working great for me with one exception. I cannot connect to my employer's VPN with Cisco AnyConnect where the earlier firmware versions I could.

25513 is working great for me with one exception. I cannot connect to my employer's VPN with Cisco AnyConnect where the earlier firmware versions I could.

Could you PM me the link for 25513?
Like to give it a try, anything is better than 25509.

is the 25513 firmware still going strong for you? I'm interested in giving it a shot, although I haven't had much issues with 25509 except for one disconnect of the node from the router.

I’m on 25509 and no issues. She’s solid.

I’m on 25509 and no issues. She’s solid.

I was using 25509 with your settings, worked well for a bit and then went haywire. Reset everything with 25509 and still problems. Reverted to 25224 and it’s working pretty well. You might want to check your system log on 25509, it was pretty bad, a tone of error messages and disconnects.

I was using 25509 with your settings, worked well for a bit and then went haywire. Reset everything with 25509 and still problems. Reverted to 25224 and it’s working pretty well. You might want to check your system log on 25509, it was pretty bad, a tone of error messages and disconnects.

Darn. I had no errors, just roaming related entries. Anyway I just installed the beta firmware, just out of curiosity... and I am running a stress test (video on loop). We’ll see how it goes.

When you make changes are you completely rebooting all units? Just a shot in the dark.

Darn. I had no errors, just roaming related entries. Anyway I just installed the beta firmware, just out of curiosity... and I am running a stress test (video on loop). We’ll see how it goes.

When you make changes are you completely rebooting all units? Just a shot in the dark.

I usually do a full reset after any firmware update. If it’s changing settings I do a reboot of both units, not a reset. Post how it goes for you.

Check your IPSEC pass through setting.

25524 has just been released. Has anyone tried it yet?

2020/06/11 Firmware version 3.0.0.4.386.25524
- Improved node connection stability
- Optimized CPU utilization.

25524 has just been released. Has anyone tried it yet?

2020/06/11 Firmware version 3.0.0.4.386.25524
- Improved node connection stability
- Optimized CPU utilization.
came out last Thursday. there has been a thread dedicated to it since then.

Any ideas why the 160mhz connection between the nodes would fall back to 80mhz?

It seems to switch between the two without any user intervention, but has been spending most of it's time recently on 80mhz.

Any ideas why the 160mhz connection between the nodes would fall back to 80mhz?

It seems to switch between the two without any user intervention, but has been spending most of it's time recently on 80mhz.

I don't even have an option for 160mhz

I'd say about 5 meters? RSSI is typically between -60 to -65DBm so the connection is pretty strong even in 80mhz

I was getting around -60dbm on 160mhz backhaul and mine were at least 35 ft. apart. The backhaul isint really a problem, the firmware is a mess. I’ve taken down the whole deal and reinstalled my RT-AX58U. If and when the XT8 gets a workable firmware update I may try it again, but for now it’s in my closet right next to where I used to keep the horrid Netgear RAX80 I sold. Sanity is worth more than speed.

I was getting around -60dbm on 160mhz backhaul and mine were at least 35 ft. apart. The backhaul isint really a problem, the firmware is a mess. I’ve taken down the whole deal and reinstalled my RT-AX58U. If and when the XT8 gets a workable firmware update I may try it again, but for now it’s in my closet right next to where I used to keep the horrid Netgear RAX80 I sold. Sanity is worth more than speed.

The firmware is not a mess lol. It works just fine. Never had a problem and I have probably one of the most challenging environments for this system.

I only received mine on Friday so I've been on the latest firmware since I've owned them, they've been rock stable not one disconnect. Just the back-haul channel width that's been bothering me. Even on 80mhz the tx/rx rates are around 1gbps so it's not the end of the world, but it would be nice to figure out why it's not linking at 160.

The firmware is not a mess lol. It works just fine. Never had a problem and I have probably one of the most challenging environments for this system.

Im glad it works well for you, but it doesn’t for me and a lot of other people also judging by the all the comments on problems that are constantly popping up.
It’s not some imaginary problem when multiple people reporting the same issues over and over. There’s now four different threads on one mesh system on here and all of them reporting multiple issues with bad firmware. The firmware is a mess, I could list a dozen issues right now but I’ve got work to do.

Im glad it works well for you, but it doesn’t for me and a lot of other people also judging by the all the comments on problems that are constantly popping up.
It’s not some imaginary problem when multiple people reporting the same issues over and over. There’s now four different threads on one mesh system on here and all of them reporting multiple issues with bad firmware. The firmware is a mess, I could list a dozen issues right now but I’ve got work to do.
From what I've read the latest beta and then most recent patch cleared up the instability issues for a lot of people. Your issue may be something less widespread possibly?

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!