What's new

[Maylyn - Networking] ASUS ZenWiFi XT8

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

I run four nodes and haven’t experienced any issues. I don’t really need four nodes for signal strength (3,000 sq/ft house), but have a few devices that require a wired connection, so placed two extra nodes to accommodate them.

My connection speeds are the same whether I run just two nodes or four, so I’m not seeing them overwhelm one another.

I think that your approach of placing two and seeing how things go and then adding more if necessary sounds good.

Thank you for your replies, we're having scaffolding up later this year and so we could wire then if it is not satisfactory.

Thanks,

Ben

Hello i would like to ask before buying, since my mobile phone can only connect to high channel above 149+ and unable to see lower channel with wifi...

i wonder if xt8 fronthaul 5Ghz-1 front haul support all channels or just lower one
thanks alot

That is the problem with 'tri-band' routers today. They only support the lower ones on one radio and the higher ones on the other.

That is the problem with 'tri-band' routers today. They only support the lower ones on one radio and the higher ones on the other.
So if i get something like ax86u it will support all channel open but for dual band its best to use wired backhaul?

also if i want to use my existing ac86u and say i get a new ax86u and want to connect them with ai mesh.. how do i use wired backhaul? Do i connect both lan port on those 2 routers back to back? sorry for asking alot

For a wired AiMesh set up, you would connect a LAN port from the main router to the WAN port of the AiMesh node. This will give you the maximum performance possible and have both bands available (fully, at the maximum performance possible) for client device use.

Ask away! If I can't answer, someone else will chime in. :)

For a wired AiMesh set up, you would connect a LAN port from the main router to the WAN port of the AiMesh node. This will give you the maximum performance possible and have both bands available (fully, at the maximum performance possible) for client device use.

I appreciate the kind gesture, thanks Good Sir much obliged

You're very welcome friend.

Wishing you and yours all the best this Christmas and into the New Year.

how about if i want to use my old asus n66u router and want to make ap to extend my coverage.. if i want to use wired backhaul do i plug my ethernet from my main router from lan port, to wan port on the asus n66u back port?

wishing you health and happiness may the year would shine brighter ahead of us with this pandemic going on...

Wishing you and yours health and happiness too!

For an AP, yes, plug into its WAN port. Set the mode to AP via the GUI and configure as you need.

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!