What's new

Merlin 380.68_2 on ASUS RT-AC66U_B1

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

58chev

Regular Contributor
Hi Folks, New here..

I un-packaged my new to me RT-AC66U_B1 router last night and did a reset to factory. Logged in to make sure all was OK.
Then up graded the factory firmware to Merlin 380.68_2.

All looks great but near the top right of the main page, there is an exclamation mark blinking. Warning me to upgrade firmware. I am thinking this is standard ASUS firmware.

My question is, now that this router is running Merlin, do I just ignore the upgrade warning?

Hi Folks, New here..

I un-packaged my new to me RT-AC68U router last night and did a reset to factory. Logged in to make sure all was OK.
Then up graded the factory firmware to Merlin 380.68_2.

All looks great but near the top right of the main page, there is an exclamation mark blinking. Warning me to upgrade firmware. I am thinking this is standard ASUS firmware.

My question is, now that this router is running Merlin, do I just ignore the upgrade warning?

EDIT:: ASUS RT-AC66U_B1
Your router is a ac68u as you know. The latest firmware for it is 384.3 stable. That may be what is going on. If you click on the icon that blinks it may shed some light on things.

Your router is a ac68u as you know. The latest firmware for it is 384.3 stable. That may be what is going on. If you click on the icon that blinks it may shed some light on things.
Hi, sorry i did edit my post. Router is a AC66U.

I will check when I get home and see if it gives me any indication of what firmware it wants to install.

I just wasn't sure it it wants to pull firmware from ASUS or a Merlin firmware.

Hi, sorry i did edit my post. Router is a AC66U.

I will check when I get home and see if it gives me any indication of what firmware it wants to install.

I just wasn't sure it it wants to pull firmware from ASUS or a Merlin firmware.
If your router is a ac66u_B1 then it's a arm7 processor. This is the aquivalent to an ac68u. If this is true the firmware you want is the ac68u version.

As skeal said, the RT-AC66U_B1 uses the same firmware as the RT-AC68U. It does not use the same firmware as the RT-AC66U. It's confusing, but blame ASUS for their weird naming convention.

You're seeing the blinking exclamation point because the latest stable Merlin firmware for RT-AC68U/RT-AC66U_B1 is 384.3.

If your router is a ac66u_B1 then it's a arm7 processor. This is the aquivalent to an ac68u. If this is true the firmware you want is the ac68u version.
Hi,
This much I know from the readme-merlin.txt, and have installed
Devices supported on the legacy branch (380.xx):
* RT-N66U
* RT-AC66U
* RT-AC66U_B1 (use the RT-AC68U firmware)

I just want to confirm if the alert is for a new Merlin firmware or standard ASUS firmware. Last thing I want to do is revert back to an ASUS Firmware.

You're seeing the blinking exclamation point because the latest stable Merlin firmware for RT-AC68U/RT-AC66U_B1 is 384.3.

Thank you, that's what I wanted to confirm. As I have read that the ASUS router once connected to the net would want to do a firmware update.

Hi,
This much I know from the readme-merlin.txt, and have installed
Devices supported on the legacy branch (380.xx):
* RT-N66U
* RT-AC66U
* RT-AC66U_B1 (use the RT-AC68U firmware)

I just want to confirm if the alert is for a new Merlin firmware or standard ASUS firmware. Last thing I want to do is revert back to an ASUS Firmware.
Once merlin is installed it will only signal merlin updates.