1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
Dismiss Notice

Welcome To SNBForums

SNBForums is a community for anyone who wants to learn about or discuss the latest in wireless routers, network storage and the ins and outs of building and maintaining a small network.

If you'd like to post a question, simply register and have at it!

While you're at it, please check out SmallNetBuilder for product reviews and our famous Router Charts, Ranker and plenty more!

Motorola MM1000 MoCA 2.0 Adapter

Discussion in 'MoCA, HomePlug, HPNA' started by Internet Man, Jan 16, 2018.

1. Internet Man

Internet Man Senior Member

Last edited: Apr 9, 2018
    stereo55 likes this.
  2. Please support SNBForums! Just click on this link before you buy something from Amazon and we'll get a small commission on anything you buy. Thanks!
  3. saiga6360

saiga6360 Occasional Visitor

From what I can tell, these seem to be unmanaged/able adapters, totally plug and play, so you can't get into even a simple web page to view stats on these. It would have been nice for troubleshooting but I can't complain about the price.

4. Internet Man

Internet Man Senior Member

I tend to think of these as imaginary Ethernet cables.

5. saiga6360

They sure are neat. I noticed they've suddenly gone 'unavailable' on Amazon as I was thinking of getting another one. I sure hope they're not getting pulled off for some stupid reason and just a temporary supply issue.

6. saiga6360

Aaaand it's back. Damn you Amazon Prime and your wonderful wares.

EDIT: While I love how much cheaper these are to the Actiontec, there is another brand that sells for a few dollars cheaper called Kiwee Broadband. Anyone have any experience with these?

Last edited: Mar 5, 2018
  7. saiga6360

stereo55 likes this.
  8. Samir

Samir Very Senior Member

Great to see someone other than actiontec making moca products. Hopefully more vendors will start producing these as 2.5Gb ethernet starts getting adopted.

9. saiga6360

I just ordered a couple more of these and noticed they now include a POE filter and some screws for mounting the device. Don't think I need the filter with FIOS but it sure was nice of them just in case I do.

stereo55 likes this.
Please support SNBForums! Just click on this link before you buy something from Amazon and we'll get a small commission on anything you buy. Thanks!