What's new

Multiple Ip in dmz

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

matthew johnson

Regular Contributor
Is there any way to set multiple Ip address in dmz. i think some routers support it. But i can only find a spot for one static ip.

Is there any way to set multiple IP address in DMZ. i think some routers support it. But i can only find a spot for one static IP.

From my understanding the router must support multiple static wan IP's to be directed towards to DMZ. 1 single static wan would not work with multiple DMZ'S due to all devices cant receive all pass-thru with 1 static wan IP.

Ok I get that. See my issue is I have multiple ps4 and a Xbox one and and Xbox live and PlayStation network run on some of the same ports. An the port forward menu won't let me assign the same ports to 2 different ip. Basically cause of different reasons. Just not really sure what to do. The PS3 and 360 never had issue connecting or voice chat on the same router and setup. Now all of a sudden these new consoles and there games don't connect and voice doesn't work properly.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:
Ok I get that. See my issue is I have multiple ps4 and a Xbox one and and Xbox live and PlayStation network run on some of the same ports. An the port forward menu won't let me assign the same ports to 2 different ip. Basically cause of different reasons. Just not really sure what to do. The PS3 and 360 never had issue connecting or voice chat on the same router and setup. Now all of a sudden these new consoles and there games don't connect and voice doesn't work properly.

I feel your pain. I know that if you have an ISP that provides internet via cable you can add a switch to the back side of a modem only and then add a your router plus a second one you can actually obtain a second wan IP and it can have its own set of rules. I know it's extra money but that's the only way I've ever got around it without having a /29 or a /30 subnet routed to my modem.
uploadfromtaptalk1451998964383.jpg

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk

Just to reiterate with pictures I believe you can do this is you want.
uploadfromtaptalk1452026155278.jpeg
uploadfromtaptalk1452026158590.jpeg

Just to reiterate with pictures I believe you can do this is you want.
Just be aware that this type of configuration is not supported by all (most?) ISPs.

Where I am the ISP supplied modem will only allow you to have one MAC address registered at a time and so you only get one IP. If I were to want a second IP address I would have to get my ISP to install a second cable modem and incur the additional rental cost. YMMV

Just be aware that this type of configuration is not supported by all (most?) ISPs.

Where I am the ISP supplied modem will only allow you to have one MAC address registered at a time and so you only get one IP. If I were to want a second IP address I would have to get my ISP to install a second cable modem and incur the additional rental cost. YMMV
I didn't think anyone on here would use a supplied modem lol. Motorola/Arris sb4161 is what I use. Not sure of my ISP as I haven't tried it on mine yet but suddenlink let me do it on a customers.

I didn't think anyone on here would use a supplied modem lol. Motorola/Arris sb4161 is what I use. Not sure of my ISP as I haven't tried it on mine yet but suddenlink let me do it on a customers.
I think it's different in the US, but here in the UK if you're with the main cable provider you have to use their modem, other equipment won't work.

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!