What's new

Multiple WAN IPs

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Interested in having multiple WAN IPs on your Asuswrt-merlin powered router?

• Yes

Votes: 1 33.3%
  • No

Votes: 2 66.7%

• Total voters

winampus

New Around Here
I was wondering if there is anyone out there looking for having multiple WAN IPs on their Asuswrt-merlin powered routers ?

Update:
Since I haven't got any feedback on this I can share my setup and if anyone interested I will clean my scripts an share the bundle...

So... Little bit of background info... I don't know what are most ISP offering in term of public IP's per customer, but mine offers up to 5 IP's trough DHCP. Of course I can opt to pay for 1 static IP also assigned trough dhcp, but that didn't help me too much.. so need to come up with something else,
Owning as asuswrt router, running merlins's build... so linux based... I've got the idea of using macvlan.
macvlan is similar to bridging, with the slight difference that you link macvlan devices to a physical interface and assigning different MAC addresses to them...
This setup gave me 1 WAN physical interface (eth0) and several macvlan ( let's call them mac0, mac1, mac2...) all of them with a different MAC address.
In my current setup i have 5 public IP's (1 WAN and 4 macvlan devices) each of them NAT-ed to different hosts on the LAN...

Last edited:

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!