What's new

N56 - Intermittent wireless connection

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

jolu

Occasional Visitor
A couple of times every day I loose the wireless connection to my N56 router. Every device (phones, tablet, pc) that´s connected loose their connection for some minutes until it starts working again. It´s very irritating. It has been like this for months. I have tried both the asus firmwares and the Padavan´s firmware and it´s all the same. I mostly use the default settings. Has anyone else the same problem or does anyone have any tips?
Thanks

I also experience the same problem with this router and it's very frustrating.

I started looking into the problem and noticed my ping time to a 2.4 Wifi internal node goes up to 17000ms. When this happens my wifi connected equipments have trouble accessing WAN.

my ping to the router gateway is super fast and problem free

I don't see any spikes in CPU / MEM usages during the high ping times, and i'm suspecting either there is a problem with the WIFI component as the device is nearing its 4th year mission

If wifi works at all, then likely you have a new interference source. Any new microwaves or phones in the house? Try a different channel. See if you get the same problem with a different router too, just on case. (Buy and return one if you dont have spare)