What's new

Netgear EX6400 AC1900 Range Extender

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

mediatrek

Regular Contributor
The Netgear EX6400, which can be used in repeater mode or access point mode, is now available for preorder with a release date of April 30, 2016. The price is listed at $139.99. The EX6400 was announced at CES 2016 at the start of this year. In the product press release, Netgear said the EX6400 (and EX7300) were "available now" back on January 4, 2016. Apparently 117 days (almost 4 months) is “Netgear speak” for “available now.” o_O

According to the product photos on Amazon, the EX6400’s FCCID is PY315200317. As I type this posting, that ID is not listed/posted. This leads me to believe the EX6400 (and the EX7300) were not beta tested in the USA prior to being released. Does this mean we can look forward to very buggy products? What do SNB Forum members think?

i have a feeling that these where held back due to transmission power changes that the fcc brought in

the question is why would you go for a repeater based product is there a specific need to use a repeater that cant be resolved by other means like ethernet or powerline etc , as i would only ever use repeaters in a last desperate attempt to get wifi somewhere its not able to be dealt with by some other means

...the question is why would you go for a repeater based product is there a specific need to use a repeater that cant be resolved by other means like ethernet or powerline etc , as i would only ever use repeaters in a last desperate attempt to get wifi somewhere its not able to be dealt with by some other means

I was looking at the EX6400 & EX7300 as wireless bridges as the EX6200 & EX7000 can also be used as.

I was looking at the EX6400 & EX7300 as wireless bridges as the EX6200 & EX7000 can also be used as.

i would prob go with an asus rt-ac68u as it has all those functions and is also a router , the asus runs whats called media bridge mode

The EX7300 and EX6400 were fully beta tested in the US.

The actual EX6400 FCC ID is PY315300322

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!