What's new

Netgear Nas Duo

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Marillionnut

New Around Here
Hi there,I'm pretty new to the world of home networking and I am just in the process of upgrading my home network so that I now have a NAS instead of an old laptop running to enable storage and printer sharing.

I now have a Netgear Nas Duo and the installation was going really well until I tried to get the printers to work over the network (they are both plugged into the unit). The RAIDar software that comes with the unit is recognising the printers but I cannot get windows XP to recognise the drivers for these, even though they are installed on the PC that I am using to set up the network. I have gone through the regular 'add a printer routine' using the Netgear as the network address but come unstuck when it comes to the driver. What am I missing here?

Any help would be gratefully received.

Many thanks.

There's a good chance you're not missing anything. Not all printers work when connected to a NAS. In fact, I'm even betting most of them don't, so it's a case of trial and error. In general, only the simplest printers work. If you're using a muti-functional, you're toast.