What's new

Netgear R9000 power adaptor (US bought)

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

psychopomp1

Hi,
For those of you who purchased your R9000 in the US, can you tell me if the power adaptor is 100v or 100-240v rated ? It should state clearly on the adaptor. The user manual for the R9000 states US version of the unit has a 100v rated adaptor however the last time I purchased a Netgear router from US it was 110-240v and worked fine in blighty.
Cheers
Psycho

Last edited:
Bad idea to move a router to a different continent - channel regulations won't match your region.

not to mention shipping cost and warranty issues and returns etc , greyware is never a good thing and esp since now the wifi is locked down as well

It's 100-120v, 50-60Hz also as the above posters mentioned, the channels are region locked. In your location it may be illegal to use some of the channels used in the US not to mention the associated power levels.

It's 100-120v, 50-60Hz also as the above posters mentioned, the channels are region locked. In your location it may be illegal to use some of the channels used in the US not to mention the associated power levels.

In any event, the BBC Television License Van will detect him - and then an SAS squad will intervene and rescue the device from mis-use...

I think OP's concern is trying to get around some VAT - which can make prices appreciate in a grand scale in his region..

Thanks mate, no issues regarding wifi channels/power levels as I will install OpenWrt or DD-WRT fw on it to customize to UK/EU regs. Will get a suitable 220-240v adaptor from digidave in UK.

Anyway i've taken the plunge and ordered the R9000 from Amazon US @ $375 and it will be delivered to my Oregon Shipito address who will deliver it to UK.

Last edited:
In any event, the BBC Television License Van will detect him .
You'd be surprised how many plebs in the UK believe this....though it was highly publicized in the likes of the Daily Mail & The Sun LOL

The SAS will come. I will ensure it lol.

You'd be surprised how many plebs in the UK believe this....though it was highly publicized in the likes of the Daily Mail & The Sun LOL

Oddly enough, in the US, we don't have to purchase a TV license - but when I was living in Japan, NHK (the national network, similar to BBC) required paying a TV tax...

While it's perhaps possible to detect the old school analog sets, those Van's were more about creating the impression of it...

Fun side note - few years back before smartphones and widespread wifi - we were working on triangulation support using cell towers (to aid in faster GPS solutions) - and we seriously looked at deploying cell/gps boxes on garbage trucks (because they go pretty much everywhere)...

Dodge_detector_van.JPG
1024px-BLW_TV_Detector_Van.jpg

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!