What's new

Netgear RAX45 AX4300 vs tp-link AX5400 Archer AX73

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

If you also want it to be secure/safe as far into the future too, neither.

RT-AX86U w/RMerlin firmware is highly recommended (by me).

RAX45 is a firmware limited version of the RAX50 for Costco. I run both the RAX50 and AX73 as 5GHZ access points on separate networks. Both rock solid and haven't been down for months (other than a firmware update on the RAX50 two weeks ago). Performance wise, they are a wash, at least for 5ghz and both offer excellent range. They do run the exact same CPU's and Wifi chipsets.

Netgear does keep up with security fixes and pretty much matches the frequency of ASUS updates (I do also run an RT-AC86U as one of my primary routers). TPLINK does does few and far between, it's still on it's initial release but has only been out since April. The Asus hardware equivalent of these 2 is the RT-AX82U if you want to consider an ASUS, but it might only be in the $150 range if it's on sale.

If the RAX45 meets your price point and you don't need the finer level of control that the ASUS firmware offers, it should do well for you.

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!