What's new

Netperf compiled for Windows

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

thiggins

Mr. Easy
Staff member
I'm exploring using Netperf for part of the new SNB AX test suite. Does anyone have a copy of netperf (and netserver) compiled for Windows?

Someone would have to build it for windows, and the code there is very old, not sure how this would play with Win10

Win10Pro with WSL - iperf, netperf, and flent are available there if this helps...

Someone would have to build it for windows, and the code there is very old, not sure how this would play with Win10

Win10Pro with WSL - iperf, netperf, and flent are available there if this helps...
I have a version compiled for Win10. Problem is that it doesn't run properly. I don't have the skills to debug it.

I've been trying so many things, I forgot that I did install iperf3 and netperf (I'm running Ubuntu 18.04 via WSL). The problem is that I want the WSL Ubuntu to use Intel AX200 Windows drivers, which work, instead of the Linux drivers, which don't. WSL doesn't do that.

So I need netperf native on Win10.

Last edited:
I have a version compiled for Win10. Problem is that it doesn't run properly. I don't have the skills to debug it.

Kind of a known thing, there's issues opened against Win10 on the netperf github

I've been trying so many things, I forgot that I did install iperf3 and netperf (I'm running Ubuntu 18.04 via WSL). The problem is that I want the WSL Ubuntu to use Intel AX200 Windows drivers, which work, instead of the Linux drivers, which don't. WSL doesn't do that.

That's odd - my WSL Ubuntu 18.04 didn't need any drivers, as ubuntu uses whatever Windows has in WSL, as the Windows kernel provides the underlying driver support

My xps13 doesn't have an ax200 card, still has the QCA based Killer thingy which is WiFi5

The problem is that I want the WSL Ubuntu to use Intel AX200 Windows drivers, which work, instead of the Linux drivers, which don't. WSL doesn't do that.

Ok, I see what's going on... and it's tc that is broken/not supported when looking at qdisc with WSL... so this breaks flent

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!