What's new

Network clients split between router and AP

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

frogfive

New Around Here
Hello all. New to posting so bear with me.
I have an Asus RT-AC68R in wireless router mode/AiMesh Router Mode and an Asus RT-AC68W in Access point (AP) mode/AiMesh Router in AP mode. I've been doing some cleanup of devices, etc. and found that the client list of each device shows different devices. For example, my cell phone shows up on the router's client list but not in the AP's list. My managed switch shows up in the AP's list but not in the router's list and it's directly connected to the router! Wired or wireless is irrelevant as well. Both connection types are in both lists. Also, previously designated static ip's are in each list. I can't change network settings (IP, Static, Block Internet, etc.) if whatever device is on the AP. The list is split close to half of the devices so I think that's weird. Do I have a setting wrong? I haven't went full AiMesh yet. I was going to but it requires moving the AP next to the router for setup and I can't really do that right now. I doubt if that will make any changes but thought it may be relevant.
Thanks!

No need to bring them close together for Aimesh, you could do it using ethernet-LAN connection with newer firmwares.

No need to bring them close together for Aimesh, you could do it using ethernet-LAN connection with newer firmwares.
Thanks Grisu. I figure it could be done through the LAN. I actually do have the latest firmware and that's what it told me to do as step one. I'll do that some other time. I was mostly curious about why the clients aren't all on the router so I can make changes.

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!