What's new

Network design help with 2sites, VPN and VLAN - Unifi

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

cdebackere

New Around Here
Hi all

I'm going to make my 2 site network design a big more secure/segregated and need some advice.

See below for the basic idea. But I am no network expert at all, so maybe (most likely) will simply not work.

What I want:

• the 3 'profesional' networks (2 sites and VPN) need to be virtually 1 network
  • The 2 guest networks are only for wifi to the internet at that site (no S2S)
  • the private network:
    • are per site (no need for connection S2S)
    • I would like to expose some professional devices (like a printer with fix IP) to the private users.
the questions:

• do I need a management network, or can I keep this inside the professional networks (small scale : only some 40 clients)
  • If yes: can you suggest the subnet/vlan?
  • for the rest: is this design OK? Will is work, or did I get the subnets wrong?
  • how do I set this up to make sure the 3 profi network actually are virtually 1? Do I need to do anything more than making the 3 networks and set up the 2 VPN's?
  • how do I set up access from the private network to a printer in the professional network?

FYI: I already have all unifi hardware (USG's, AP AC PRO's, managed switches), because things already run with a much simpler design.

network-design-v1-png.20874

Thanks for any help/feedback,

BR,
Christof

Attachments

• network design V1.png
    network design V1.png
    109.8 KB · Views: 487