What's new

New Asus (router) support site setup

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

wouterv

Very Senior Member
Asus managed to screw up the layout of their support website.
The layout seems to be browser dependent.
Chrome shows the old style, including the "Others" OS selection and readable Release Notes.

With Edge and Firefox the "Others" OS selection is gone and the release note part became unreadable due to lack of Carriage Returns.
upload_2017-7-5_19-16-8.png

I see the same problem in Chrome or Edge. I.e. "other" section missing or rather blank and no carriage return within the release notes.

I noticed that yesterday. Also noticed that global site is the new layout, but regional sites (i.e. www.asus.com/us/support/etc) was on a broken version of the old layout (CSS was broken, causing the content to be shown below the menu instead of on the right side of it).

Personally, not a fan of the new layout:

1) Everything is rendered for people with 150 DPI screens or something - on a regular 1900x1080 screen, I have to scroll down at least a whole page to access the actual content, and another page when looking for individual download entries

2) As you mentioned, "Others" shows up as blank, existing changelog layout is totally jumbled and unreadable

It does look more modern, but I'm old-school: I prefer functionality over style.

I noticed that yesterday. Also noticed that global site is the new layout, but regional sites (i.e. www.asus.com/us/support/etc) was on a broken version of the old layout (CSS was broken, causing the content to be shown below the menu instead of on the right side of it).

<snip>

It does look more modern, but I'm old-school: I prefer functionality over style.

I agree... Asus Support used to be... functional, but somehow this update just is, for lack of a better word, weird - it should render properly across all modern browsers, but... and then the http/https redirect get to different renditions.

There's some layout issues - even with folks that have HighDPI screens...

Amen. I also prefer black text to washed-out grey.

Asus did listen: the Drivers & Tools part of the support site is "enhanced" with a readable Others menu item and readable (but still washed-out grey) release notes.

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!