What's new

[Official Release] AiMesh Firmware v3.0.0.4.384.10007 for All Supported Products

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I've got an RT-AC86U in Access Point(AP) mode / AiMesh Router in AP mode, and an RT-AC68U in AiMesh mode. From the 86U I can discover the 68U. Trying to add the AiMesh node 68U, the 86U counts up slowly to 52% and then rapidly climbs to 100% and reports failure. I tied the troubleshooting steps: waiting and trying again, check that firmware is latest, ensure node is within 3m of master router. Hone made a difference. Any suggestions?

I have Rt-AC5300 I want to set as my router and RT-AC88U I would like to make the node. When I check for the latest firmware through GUI, it says 380 is the latest (No Beta available).
I do not see AiMesh any where in GUI or the ASUS app on my phone.
I'm having a hard time setting up AiMesh. The routers are next to each other.
I don't know how to install 384 firmware

Any help is appreciated.

I have Rt-AC5300 I want to set as my router and RT-AC88U I would like to make the node. When I check for the latest firmware through GUI, it says 380 is the latest (No Beta available).
I do not see AiMesh any where in GUI or the ASUS app on my phone.
I'm having a hard time setting up AiMesh. The routers are next to each other.
I don't know how to install 384 firmware

Any help is appreciated.
On Asus website, says it’s coming soon for RT-AC5300:

https://www.asus.com/AiMesh/

Here is a bug I noticed. When I went to reflash the firmware, I first saved all the settings on the Router. I then restored them on a Node I had already flashed. It took seconds to swap in the replacement outage, so I was expected my wife could continue to watch TV just fine. My experience has been anything less than 30 second downtime will not be an issue. But nope, afterwards I found plex was no longer working. It turns out the firewall port forwarding rules were NOT restored, which took out the ability for the Roku to talk to plex.

I noticed none of the static DNS rules were active, but as soon as I opened the dialog, they all showed up for me to reapply. So there we only missing for the time it took me to notice the problem.

I do find it a bit problematic that a restore of the configuration is not restoring everything. In some ways that is worse than not having a restore feature, because if it didn't exist, one would at least note everything to restore manually.

I've got an RT-AC86U in Access Point(AP) mode / AiMesh Router in AP mode, and an RT-AC68U in AiMesh mode. From the 86U I can discover the 68U. Trying to add the AiMesh node 68U, the 86U counts up slowly to 52% and then rapidly climbs to 100% and reports failure. I tied the troubleshooting steps: waiting and trying again, check that firmware is latest, ensure node is within 3m of master router. Hone made a difference. Any suggestions?
The router needs to be setup as a router, not an AP. The node is setup as an AiMesh node.

When I saw a similar problem I found that doing a NVRAM reset with the WPS button on the router fixed it. After that the router connected to the node and then I was able to load my config file. Been working fine since then.

Here is a bug I noticed. When I went to reflash the firmware, I first saved all the settings on the Router. I then restored them on a Node I had already flashed. It took seconds to swap in the replacement outage, so I was expected my wife could continue to watch TV just fine. My experience has been anything less than 30 second downtime will not be an issue. But nope, afterwards I found plex was no longer working. It turns out the firewall port forwarding rules were NOT restored, which took out the ability for the Roku to talk to plex.

I noticed none of the static DNS rules were active, but as soon as I opened the dialog, they all showed up for me to reapply. So there we only missing for the time it took me to notice the problem.

I do find it a bit problematic that a restore of the configuration is not restoring everything. In some ways that is worse than not having a restore feature, because if it didn't exist, one would at least note everything to restore manually.
You control the AiMesh setup through the router, not the node. Once you setup a router as a node you shouldn't try to access the GUI on the node. Everything is done through the primary router's GUI. Btw, my setup is using (2) RT-AC68U's.

I have setup 2 devices for AiMesh but not be able to find AiMesh node, please help to see what may cause this problem:

RT-AC88U flashed firmware 3.0.0.4.384.10007, reset to factory default by pressing WPS button and switch on the device, then I connect to this router and followed the wizard to set it up as AiMesh router. After setting up, I change the mode of operation to AP mode.

RT-AC68U flashed firmware 3.0.0.4.384.10007, reset to factory default by pressing WPS button and switch on the device

After the RT-AC68U is ready, I can scan the Wifi and found that ASUS and ASUS_5G are present (served by the RT-AC68U), then I used my computer to login the RT-AC88U and go to AiMesh and click the search button. The two routers are quite close to each other and I cannot find the RT-AC68U using the AiMesh search.

I have tried many times with different resetting methods, but all failed.

I have setup 2 devices for AiMesh but not be able to find AiMesh node, please help to see what may cause this problem:

RT-AC88U flashed firmware 3.0.0.4.384.10007, reset to factory default by pressing WPS button and switch on the device, then I connect to this router and followed the wizard to set it up as AiMesh router. After setting up, I change the mode of operation to AP mode.

RT-AC68U flashed firmware 3.0.0.4.384.10007, reset to factory default by pressing WPS button and switch on the device

After the RT-AC68U is ready, I can scan the Wifi and found that ASUS and ASUS_5G are present (served by the RT-AC68U), then I used my computer to login the RT-AC88U and go to AiMesh and click the search button. The two routers are quite close to each other and I cannot find the RT-AC68U using the AiMesh search.

I have tried many times with different resetting methods, but all failed.
Is your AC68U a converted AC1900? if so, look here: https://www.snbforums.com/threads/aimesh-on-the-t-mobile-tm-ac1900.43278/

My node continues to drop every day 2-3 times a day. I'm using two AC3100. It's not a signal strength issue. Not sure what the problem is. I just don't think this AImesh firmware is ready. What a pain in the A**

I have an AC5300 and an AC66UB1.

I see that AIMesh in coming for the AC5300 what about the AC66UB1?

Thank,
Dan

I have an AC5300 and an AC66UB1.

I see that AIMesh in coming for the AC5300 what about the AC66UB1?

Thank,
Dan
Have you even bothered checking available firmware for the RT-AC66U_B1?
https://www.asus.com/Networking/RT-AC66U-B1/HelpDesk_BIOS/
It's already supported.

The AC5300 (And AC3200) on the other hand, will take some time. There is no ETAs. The difference is it's three wireless bands, which needs more development vs two banded already supported routers. This too has been answered many times on this forum. Try the search function next time fore asking questions :)

My node continues to drop every day 2-3 times a day. I'm using two AC3100. It's not a signal strength issue. Not sure what the problem is. I just don't think this AImesh firmware is ready. What a pain in the A**

Same here... with a RT-AC68P and RT-AC68U. It's a known bug using a Wifi backhaul; it makes the AiMesh pretty much unusable. I hope a new firmware update comes out soon!! :(

Same here... with a RT-AC68P and RT-AC68U. It's a known bug using a Wifi backhaul; it makes the AiMesh pretty much unusable. I hope a new firmware update comes out soon!! :(

Same here

I quit using Aimesh for now, I set back all the configuration to Aimesh router and 2 AP ac68u, I will try again in a few months when new firmawares fixes the bugs, I got a lot of drops and wifi problems, using like AP I am running two days with no problems at all
:)

Same here

I quit using Aimesh for now, I set back all the configuration to Aimesh router and 2 AP ac68u, I will try again in a few months when new firmawares fixes the bugs, I got a lot of drops and wifi problems, using like AP I am running two days with no problems at all
:)
Did you leave everything on 384.10007 and just reset & reconfig as router and 2 APs? Or did you reflash the APs to non-AiMesh firmware? I find I have to fight the 384.10007 firmware to just get into the normal webui. A real PITA!

Did you leave everything on 384.10007 and just reset & reconfig as router and 2 APs? Or did you reflash the APs to non-AiMesh firmware? I find I have to fight the 384.10007 firmware to just get into the normal webui. A real PITA!

I did a reset in both with the same FW 0007 and set aimesh and ap again with a fix IP for the AP
working with no problem till now :rolleyes:

Looks like I'm going to throw in the towel for AiMesh for now. Too unreliable.

Just curious is anybody out there running a stable Aimesh network using wifi backhaul?

Great question! I'd love to know too... I don't think it's possible until a firmware fix is released. I went ahead and just turned off my AiMesh node for now too... completely useless right now. :mad: @arthurlien a fix is being worked on right?

Great question! I'd love to know too... I don't think it's possible until a firmware fix is released. I went ahead and just turned off my AiMesh node for now too... completely useless right now. :mad: @arthurlien a fix is being worked on right?

Agree. I am getting close to puting it on the shelf also. It worked better 2 releases ago. I have switched backed to AP mode on the main mesh router and I am running it and the node only for WiFi (no dhcp, vpn etc.), I have reset everything and went from 2 nodes to 1 and the node still goes offline at least once a day.

Status
Not open for further replies.