What's new

[Official Release] AiMesh Firmware v3.0.0.4.384.10007 for All Supported Products

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Has anyone gotten a converted tm-1900 to work with an ac-5300? If so, how with the 5300's cfe encryption?

OK. I just don't get it. How do I get a node to connect? I have
v3.0.0.4.384.10007
on two AC68U routers. Earch works fine as a router. But as soon as I put one in AiMesh Node mode, it tells me to login into the other router. I login there and search for a node, but none is ever found. I've tried putting the routers right next to eachother, and they still can't find other. I tried connecting them by LAN. Zilch. What is the trick?

Log into the one you want to be the master, then take the other router and move it close to the master and hard-reset it (hold the reset button down for 10+ seconds) and then go back into the master router and search for a AiMesh node. You should be able to click on it and add it to your network.

It works by me. The MAC-address of the NODE is in the DHCP list of the ROUTER and so get the assigned IP-address.
I did this before I created a mesh system (but you can always enter the mac-address and required IP-address manually in your routers' DHCP list).

I did the same but AFTER I created a mesh system since they were freshly built, I'll try removing the mesh, rebooting and recreating the mesh, hopefully that approach can work. Thx.

Anyone having luck with hiding SSID? I get error message it turns off WPS, but I have wired backhaul. I don't want our SSID broadcast out there for neighbors to see.

I did the same but AFTER I created a mesh system since they were freshly built, I'll try removing the mesh, rebooting and recreating the mesh, hopefully that approach can work. Thx.

Ok, for a mesh node you can think of it having three different MAC addresses: the WAN port for hardwired backhaul (blue), the 2.4GHz and 5GHz Wireless radios. The devices shown in the Client list for mesh nodes are actually the radios so if you try and create entries for in the LAN->DHCP Server tab based on the radios they are not used for the mesh node's IP. My mistake was creating an entry from what looked like the mesh node WAN port, when it was a radio - more on that below.

So I tried two different ways to fix it (with two different mesh nodes) and both worked:

1) Remove the mesh node from the main router's mesh clicking on (-), change that node into an AP and then pin the MAC in the DHCP Server tab from the active list, make it a mesh node again - the node has requested IP configured from the start.
2) Create and entry for an active mesh node for its WAN port (it will show in the offline list not as an active client) and once that is saved the IP will change to the requested value soon after.

I'd use the second approach if you hardwire your backhaul, much simpler. Note also that if you create entries in the DHCP Server table for the radio MAC addresses, they will show up in the client list as wireless clients with their unique MAC addresses - you need to waste a couple IP addresses to create them since IPs for the radios are ignored. Also note that the mesh nodes are NOT shown in the client table, but you can see them and their IPs in the AIMesh page. (I do think the AI Mesh nodes backhaul circuit should show in the Client table with their IP/MAC addresses). Finally note mesh node backhaul (WAN port) and both radios in a node share the same IP address with different MAC addresses.

Project Complete!

Last edited:
I am on 3.0.0.4.384_10007, use AC88U as my main router, AC86U as AiMesh node, connected wirelessly. After few hours of operation Node goes into OFFLINE mode, but otherwise it continues to operate.

Same bug as many reported before here..

Last edited:
I am on 3.0.0.4.384_10007, use AC88U as my main router, AC86U as AiMesh node, connected wirelessly. After few hours of operation Node goes into OFFLINE mode, but otherwise it continues to operate.

Same bug as many reported before here..
Several of us have seen this. It would probably be a good idea to send feedback to ASUS from the primary router's GUI.

Hi there!

I'm the author of CFEditor: https://cfeditor.pipeline.sh. There were 1.0.2.0 & 1.0.2.1 CFEs available. Recently someone asked me if I could add the 1.0.2.0 AiMesh CFE, and I updated the tool using a dumped CFE from this thread. The dumped file is much larger than the "original", so I was wondering if anyone has the "original" 1.0.2.0 AiMesh CFE that I can use for CFEditor.

Anyway just so you know that CFEditor now supports the 1.0.2.0 AiMesh CFE.

Happy flashing!
Thanks

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

Known issue with converted TM-AC1900s. We've been relegated to a separate thread -> https://www.snbforums.com/threads/aimesh-on-the-t-mobile-tm-ac1900.43278/
Actually I also had similar experiences with stock AC68U and AC88U. I finally got AiMesh working by doing a factory reset on both and doing minimal configuration on the main router, AC88U.
Node dropped after a few hours, never to be seen again.
Ended up putting the AC68U back in the closet and re-installed Merlins 382.1_2 on the AC88U...
Need to give ASUS some more time to get the bugs wrung out of AiMesh

Last night when I wired up one of the mesh nodes, and when I got to the bedroom the network was down. I had plugged the a line into the WAN from the AiMesh router and thought that would work, but instead it took out everything. Today, I repeated the experiment. Only last time I had the line from the router going to a switch, and from the switch to many devices including the AiMesh node. Today, I reversed it. The line from the AiMesh Router goes into the AiMesh node WAN, and then from the AiMesh LAN to the switch. This works, but drops the speed to all my other wired devices in half...

Is this the expected results? It seems strange that it works this way, as I well see wanting to just to have a single LAN cable going from the AiMesh to say a 16 port switch to go to every location in the house. Some locations might have an AiMesh Node, others would not. In fact that is exactly what I had on my road map. But if that won't work, I'll have to change those plans. Like maybe two 8 port switches instead. One for lines going to AiMesh Node's and one going to other devices.

Hi there!

I'm the author of CFEditor: https://cfeditor.pipeline.sh. There were 1.0.2.0 & 1.0.2.1 CFEs available. Recently someone asked me if I could add the 1.0.2.0 AiMesh CFE, and I updated the tool using a dumped CFE from this thread. The dumped file is much larger than the "original", so I was wondering if anyone has the "original" 1.0.2.0 AiMesh CFE that I can use for CFEditor.

Happy flashing!
Thank you. AFA smaller file, all the 0xFF pad at the end of the file can easily be stripped. That will nearly cut the size in half.

Last edited:
Hi there!

Happy flashing!
Just curious, will country / trx power settings using your web tool affect the ability to use aimesh? Also is it possible to add cpu/memory overclock settings to your web tool?

Actually I also had similar experiences with stock AC68U and AC88U. I finally got AiMesh working by doing a factory reset on both and doing minimal configuration on the main router, AC88U.
Node dropped after a few hours, never to be seen again.
Ended up putting the AC68U back in the closet and re-installed Merlins 382.1_2 on the AC88U...
Need to give ASUS some more time to get the bugs wrung out of AiMesh
Why not use AC68U as acess point?

Just curious, will country / trx power settings using your web tool affect the ability to use aimesh? Also is it possible to add cpu/memory overclock settings to your web tool?

I have no idea - never tried AiMesh - but guess not. In regards to CPU/memory hacks, as long as you know the key (pattern), I can make it work.

The code is straightforward. Check it out (the "editData"): https://cfeditor.pipeline.sh/js/cfeditor.js

Thank you. AFA smaller file, all the 0xFF pad at the end of the file can easily be stripped. That will nearly cut the size in half.

Yeah that's true, but I don't feel confident enough to trim the padding myself. :) Any help is appreciated (and better to have the CFE flash verified)!

Last night when I wired up one of the mesh nodes, and when I got to the bedroom the network was down. I had plugged the a line into the WAN from the AiMesh router and thought that would work, but instead it took out everything. Today, I repeated the experiment. Only last time I had the line from the router going to a switch, and from the switch to many devices including the AiMesh node. Today, I reversed it. The line from the AiMesh Router goes into the AiMesh node WAN, and then from the AiMesh LAN to the switch. This works, but drops the speed to all my other wired devices in half...

Is this the expected results? It seems strange that it works this way, as I well see wanting to just to have a single LAN cable going from the AiMesh to say a 16 port switch to go to every location in the house. Some locations might have an AiMesh Node, others would not. In fact that is exactly what I had on my road map. But if that won't work, I'll have to change those plans. Like maybe two 8 port switches instead. One for lines going to AiMesh Node's and one going to other devices.
Should not be the expected result, I also had the node take down my whole network in some satuation and it take about 1~2 mins to fully recovery, but these never happen when I have the 382(nov) aimesh beta.
What I know is at least when the node reboot, power on, changing some wifi config it will take down my whole network.

I have no idea - never tried AiMesh - but guess not. In regards to CPU/memory hacks, as long as you know the key (pattern), I can make it work.

The code is straightforward. Check it out (the "editData"): https://cfeditor.pipeline.sh/js/cfeditor.js
Thanks for the reply and the awesome tool!
I believe the "clkfreq=800,666" would need to have 800,666 to changed to one of the following value pairs:
first value cpu clock {600, 800, 1000, 1200, 1400, 1600};
second value ddr clock {333, 389, 400, 533, 666, 775, 800};
This of course would need to be labelled as at risk and the end user would need to determine the actual stability for their router equipment.
Maybe someone with more expertise can chime in?

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.