What's new

[Official Release] AiMesh Firmware v3.0.0.4.384.10007 for All Supported Products

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Status
Not open for further replies.
If you upgrade to 384 with AiMesh, from 382 Asus or Merlin, would this require a factory default reset?

Does anyone know where the setting for band steering is located or if there is one? I have three RT-AC68U setup as a mesh. It seems like most of my devices lock onto 2.4GHZ and do not auto switch to 5GHZ. I have both netwroks with the same SSID. I thought band steering was a feature of aiMesh. Previously I was using a TP-Link Deco M5 system and it handled band steering much better. Thanks for any assistance.

Someone tested AiMesh with AC-66U_B1? Is it supported AiMesh? No official info nowhere except here....
AiMesh is on the latest fw for AC66U B1. Have not used the mesh but the firmware works well with several things fixed.

Sent from my P01M using Tapatalk

Does ASUS have beta firmware that supports AiMesh for Asus Lyra?
I am using Lyra with my AC88U.

Currently configured Lyra as AP mode...

Does ASUS have beta firmware that supports AiMesh for Asus Lyra?
I am using Lyra with my AC88U.

Currently configured Lyra as AP mode...
in the beta thread at some point it was mentioned that lyra and aimesh were separate implementations. I don't remember if there was a word on convergence or not

Aimesh node goes offline after a while still. Same as with the beta firmware.

I have two Asus rt-ac68u.

Sent fra min SM-G955F via Tapatalk

Hey all,

I have AN AC5300 and AC66U as an AP in my house. Just read about AiMesh, totally stoked.

On Asus website, they show AC5300 as a future release but no mention of AC66U. I've seen on the main (closed) thread here that people say 66u will be supported. How do you know that is true?

Just trying to determine if it's worthwhile to try and pick up a used 68u or something?

Thanks

my first time running aimesh firmware.
was experiencing similar issue with mesh node going offline, and when I tried to make change, all setting went to shirt.
and despite my effort to change ssid, it is stuck @ asus_30_2G or whatever the default ssid is for my ac3100.

so I decided to just reinitialized and power cycle both my ac3100 (main ap) and ac68 (mesh node) as I would in any major update.
haven't experience any issue and aimesh has been up and running.

One question that I have, is wps needed to keep aimesh running? or I am free to turn wps off after it's established?

If you upgrade to 384 with AiMesh, from 382 Asus or Merlin, would this require a factory default reset?

Due to the increasing amount of changes between my firmware and stock, I recommend doing a factory default reset when going from my firmware to stock from now on, especially on the RT-AC86U as we store some nvram settings in different methods.

Due to the increasing amount of changes between my firmware and stock, I recommend doing a factory default reset when going from my firmware to stock from now on, especially on the RT-AC86U as we store some nvram settings in different methods.
Thanks.

I was thinking about trying 384, for the bug fixes only. Your firmware is humming along, so leaning to staying the course. Appreciate you and thanks again.

AC68U with 384 firmware, WebUI no response and requite reboot after 6~8hrs uptime
p.s. they are in a intranet, so dunno no internet access make this happen, nothing happen once for the aimesh beta though

1. device cannot connect to node even on the Wifi mac access list, this bug didn't happen on nov beta, the first time I see this is from dec beta.

2. I use it as AP, when reboot the AP or reconfig the wifi my internet connect for other device which is wired (connect to a cisco switch, netowrk path will not go through the ac68u) will down for a while, about 30sec~1min, not happen with nov beta

p.s. I found this firmware are more buggy then nov beta for me, I may go back to nov beta and wait for a better release

update: now the 384 firmware frequency take down my network, I need to reboot all my switch and the router to restore the whole network.

Last edited:
Running a RT-ac88u on a firmware from autumn 2016 due to chromecast problems.

Do you know if the Aimesh is a total fresh build, so that the problem discovering chromecast is a not a problem?

Asus Merlin 384.XX -> AIMESH ?

Hi,

I was wondering about the future of merlin.
I noticed that most components start to get closed source (probably to hide how the aimesh technology works)
rt-ac88u just also received its new firmware 384.xx firmware which is the first version with AIMESH
I was wondering if merlin will also come out with a 384.xx branch or will it not be possible due to the closed source stuff?

Aimesh node goes offline after a while still. Same as with the beta firmware.

I have two Asus rt-ac68u.

Sent fra min SM-G955F via Tapatalk

Could you send a feedback for me by Administrator -> Feedback in Web UI ?
Please tag your Nickname in description field and contain the information is as below,

Extra Information
1. System Log
2. WiFi Log
3. Configuration (if you don't have any concern)

AC68U with 384 firmware, WebUI no response and requite reboot after 6~8hrs uptime
p.s. they are in a intranet, so dunno no internet access make this happen, nothing happen once for the aimesh beta though

Have any Node connected ? If yes, do you use ethernet or wifi between Router and Node ?

1. device cannot connect to node even on the Wifi mac access list, this bug didn't happen on nov beta, the first time I see this is from dec beta.

2. I use it as AP, when reboot the AP or reconfig the wifi my internet connect for other device which is wired (connect to a cisco switch, netowrk path will not go through the ac68u) will down for a while, about 30sec~1min, not happen with nov beta

I try to figure out your environment such as blow ,

other device <-- wired--> cisco switch <-- wired --> AP (AiMesh Router) <-- wired --> Node

Is't correct ?

You meant the internet access will be down about 30sec~1min in your NB/Mobile Device.

Is't correct ? If yes, does NB/Mobile device connected to Node or AP(AiMesh Router) or Cisco Switch?

Have any Node connected ? If yes, do you use ethernet or wifi between Router and Node ?

I try to figure out your environment such as blow ,

other device <-- wired--> cisco switch <-- wired --> AP (AiMesh Router) <-- wired --> Node

Is't correct ?

You meant the internet access will be down about 30sec~1min in your NB/Mobile Device.

Is't correct ? If yes, does NB/Mobile device connected to Node or AP(AiMesh Router) or Cisco Switch?

It will bring down my whole network, not only internet, i.e. can't ping/connect other device on my network for 30secs~1mins when reboot

The problem is more serious right now, if I keeps the ac68u power on then after a while it will start interrupt my network again, currently only a network cam connect to the aimesh by wifi, all others hardwired to the cisco siwtch or the draytek router, no device connect to the ac68u lan port, wan port is hardwired to the switch or router for backhaul .

My environment look like this:

nDWpjOf.jpg

and when the ac68u act weird:

ping from my pc 11.100, 11.1 is the draytek router, 11.3 is the ac68u as AP, I try power on only 1 ac68u per test but it still happen, all the 3 ac68u will interrupt my network alone

VtKnbSq.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.