What's new

[Official Release] AiMesh Firmware v3.0.0.4.384.10007 for All Supported Products

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Status
Not open for further replies.
It will bring down my whole network, not only internet, i.e. can't ping/connect other device on my network for 30secs~1mins when reboot

The problem is more serious right now, if I keeps the ac68u power on then after a while it will start interrupt my network again, currently only a network cam connect to the aimesh by wifi, all others hardwired to the cisco siwtch or the draytek router, no device connect to the ac68u lan port, wan port is hardwired to the switch or router for backhaul .

My environment look like this:

nDWpjOf.jpg

and when the ac68u act weird:

ping from my pc 11.100, 11.1 is the draytek router, 11.3 is the ac68u as AP, I try power on only 1 ac68u per test but it still happen, all the 3 ac68u will interrupt my network alone

VtKnbSq.jpg
it is really good for me.... Could you send a feedback to me by administrator -> Feedback in WebUI ? And contain system log, wifi log.

The AiMesh main use LAN port to connect with cisco sg-200-26. is't correct ?

it is really good for me.... Could you send a feedback to me by administrator -> Feedback in WebUI ? And contain system log, wifi log.

The AiMesh main use LAN port to connect with cisco sg-200-26. is't correct ?
yes it currently on LAN port, but I tried both WAN and LAN port on the main and the node, no different.
one more thing, all the Aimesh main/node don't have internet connection as our network only allow some specific device have internet connectionm dunno will this trigger something.

I will send the feedback later tonight, I am trying to restore the network first :)

p.s. will you suggest all the Aimesh using LAN port, or just the Main using LAN port while the nodes using WAN port? If it make some different

yes it currently on LAN port, but I tried both WAN and LAN port on the main and the node, no different.
one more thing, all the Aimesh main/node don't have internet connection as our network only allow some specific device have internet connectionm dunno will this trigger something.

I will send the feedback later tonight, I am trying to restore the network first :)

Thank you :)

It will bring down my whole network, not only internet, i.e. can't ping/connect other device on my network for 30secs~1mins when reboot

The problem is more serious right now, if I keeps the ac68u power on then after a while it will start interrupt my network again, currently only a network cam connect to the aimesh by wifi, all others hardwired to the cisco siwtch or the draytek router, no device connect to the ac68u lan port, wan port is hardwired to the switch or router for backhaul .

My environment look like this:

nDWpjOf.jpg

and when the ac68u act weird:

ping from my pc 11.100, 11.1 is the draytek router, 11.3 is the ac68u as AP, I try power on only 1 ac68u per test but it still happen, all the 3 ac68u will interrupt my network alone

VtKnbSq.jpg

Seems this problem related to DHCP, I change one of the PC to static IP and it won't be affect after that

I have upgraded the firmware to 384 10007 on both master (main) and slave (node).
Both are AC68U.
It would be very nice if the upgrade process, when you have the same router models for master and slave(s), could be automated so that all routers in the mesh-system are upgraded in a single process (one click).

I have upgraded the firmware to 384 10007 on both master (main) and slave (node).
Both are AC68U.
It would be very nice if the upgrade process, when you have the same router models for master and slave(s), could be automated so that all routers in the mesh-system are upgraded in a single process (one click).

Yes, it supported. After you build up a Mesh network successfully, you just need to one click to upgrade all the master (main) and slave (node).

I just noticed that it officially came to the RT-AC86U too. Does it have anything else new other than AiMesh?

It would be awesome if @RMerlin could give some input about this. Are there any plans to include this at some point to AsusWRT-Merlin?

You mean DHCP caused the entire network problem
No, I still can't figure out what's going on, but at least set the pc to static IP will prevent interrupt/disconnect, I found this because I am trying to capture some packet for analysis and before that I set a static IP first.

Hum... I still have the same issue that I had on the betas.

My setup:

Modem <-- ethernet cable --> RT-AC68U as router <-- ethernet cable --> RT-AC68U as node <-- ethernet cable --> PC

Issue:

Although the backhaul is configured as ethernet my max speed is still only around 350Mbps:

JdGYk2w.png

If I setup the node as the old bridge mode I get the full 1Gbps... Isn't it supposed to achieve the full ethernet port speed?

Last edited:
Having the same issue too! Ethernet Backhaul and speedtest on my desktop which is wired connected to the main ac88u router, yet only achieve around 350mbps max for download. Whereas upload can hit as high as 970mbps...

My setup:

Modem <-- ethernet cable --> RT-AC68U as router <-- ethernet cable --> RT-AC68U as node <-- ethernet cable --> PC

Issue:

Although the backhaul is configured as ethernet my max speed is still only around 350Mbps:

JdGYk2w.png

If I setup the node as the old bridge mode I get the full 1Gbps... Isn't it supposed to achieve the full ethernet port speed?

My setup:

Issue:

JdGYk2w.png

I'm not entirely sure the ethernet backhaul option is working properly...
Mine had a hard time joining the mesh because of a weak wifi signal.
Even once I got it joined, I noticed 2 connections on wifi between the two using a lot of bandwidth and when I clicked the client list, it showed the node as a WIFI connection instead of wired.

My RT-AC68U which I am using currently as an AP is supported but my main router which is a RT-AC87U isn't. :(

My setup:

Issue:

JdGYk2w.png

We known this issue and it's working on it.

Hi. I posted this yesterday in the other thread which has now been closed, so posting here also in case anyone is able to help answer.

I've just received my RT-AC5300. I will see how I go with performance/coverage, but suspect I will benefit from using Aimesh with another router. A few questions....

• Any idea when the official firmware will be released?
  • How buggy is the current BETA and what are main issues currently known?
  • Which router do people recommend for the node?Is it best to use another Tri-band router so as not to sacrifice features of main router?
  • I use some AV1200 power line adapters in the house also - Am I best to allow the node to connect to the main router via wifi or via one of the Powerline adapters?
Thanks so much!

Hi. I posted this yesterday in the other thread which has now been closed, so posting here also in case anyone is able to help answer.

I've just received my RT-AC5300. I will see how I go with performance/coverage, but suspect I will benefit from using Aimesh with another router. A few questions....

• Any idea when the official firmware will be released?
  • How buggy is the current BETA and what are main issues currently known?
  • Which router do people recommend for the node?Is it best to use another Tri-band router so as not to sacrifice features of main router?
  • I use some AV1200 power line adapters in the house also - Am I best to allow the node to connect to the main router via wifi or via one of the Powerline adapters?
Thanks so much!
I also have powerline, it totally depends on your powerline or wifi is faster, but I prefer power line because I am using dual band model and also the 5G wifi signal is too weak in my case.

So does AiMesh have any sort of seamless roaming? Both Google WiFi and Eero seems to do a great job at steering devices from node to node without any issues.

Status
Not open for further replies.