What's new

[Official Release] AiMesh Firmware v3.0.0.4.384.10007 for All Supported Products

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Never mind. I guess you can't actually log into it once it is in mesh node mode. It seems to be working fine other then even when forcing the connection priority to Ethernet, it still shows connection type as wireless, so don't know if Ethernet back haul is enabled? My peripherals plugged into the lan ports though are connected but I don't know if they are being transmitted via wireless?

Got my first 86u setup as a mesh node with my 3100 being my main router. I would like to run the 86u in AP/mesh node mode as I have a Ethernet cable plugged into the WAN port on the 86u and into one of the lan ports on the 3100. I changed the connection priority to Ethernet to force Ethernet backhaul, but why does the connection type say and stay on wireless? Shouldn't it change to wired once I enable it?
https://www.asus.com/us/support/FAQ/1035140
Check your cable connectivity between primary and node.

我從使用 Tapatalk 的 ASUS_Z012DA 發送

Last edited:
I purchased 2 86u's this morning to pair with my 3100 and run aimesh. I updated the first 86u and it went well and my 3100 found it and added it to the mesh network. I want to log into the 86u now and change it to AP/mesh node mode, but when I try to log into it via it's IP that was given to it by my 3100, all I get is the 3100 router page. I think right now the 86U is set up as a main mesh router because when I reboot it, I lose wireless and Ethernet coverage because I believe both routers are showing up as the main? This sucks... Any help would be appreciated
The UI is only available in primary, if you access the Node, it will be redirect to main/primary.

我從使用 Tapatalk 的 ASUS_Z012DA 發送

Thank you very much. got it to work and correctly show wired. Incidentally, how are we supposed to update the mesh node routers then if we cannot access them? Do I have to plug my laptop directly into the mesh node router?

Got my first 86u setup as a mesh node with my 3100 being my main router. I would like to run the 86u in AP/mesh node mode as I have a Ethernet cable plugged into the WAN port on the 86u and into one of the lan ports on the 3100. I changed the connection priority to Ethernet to force Ethernet backhaul, but why does the connection type say and stay on wireless? Shouldn't it change to wired once I enable it?

I noticed that on mine as well, a reboot of the primary router fixed this however

i did read that it may not be supported, but im quiros to know if it will be supported with ai mesh, or there are plans to replace it with a new version of the unit that supports ai mesh?

Im just considering weather or not its worth replacing my bricked unit, or wating till a new version that supports ai mesh is relased. Considering that both my units were bricked and only one i was able to barely recover, the other refuses to respond to the recovery tool, and i might not be able to get warrnty since i bought them from the U.S.A months before they were relased in australia.

Is it only me? Upgraded to the latest firmware. Using AC68Us. I keep on losing internet connections. The client remains connected but no internet. If I disconnect and connect to the other frequency (5 Ghz to 2.4 Ghz), I get connection again. Happens several times a day.

Yeah, happens to me also. My wifi in my home is pretty unstable right now. I'm not sure if my main 68u can't handle two nodes and all of the traffic, or if these drivers need more stability.

What is the status of isolated guest network? I tried it and it knocked off primary ssid. I was not able to connect anymore. Has guest network been addressed since FW went to Prod? How about Turning off WPS if mesh is connected via Ethernet backhaul? Thanks so much.

In 384.x if someone use dual wan then Adaptive QoS, AiProtection, statistic are disabled. Will it be possible in the future that both option will working together like in 380.x? I would like to use AiMesh + dual Wan + Adaptive QoS.

Hey guys, anyone noticed a slow-down with wired clients connecting to the nodes?

My previous setup was:

AC68U (Main)
N15 (AP Mode)
AC1200 (AP Mode)

These were all connected via GigE ethernet. From my main PC which was connected via Cat 5E to the AC1200, it would get about 900~ Mbps down / 450~ Mbps up via Speedtest.

Now with the following setup:

AC68U (Main)
AC68U (Node)
AC68U (Node)

All are connected via ethernet, and my main PC is once again connected via Cat5E to one of the AC68U nodes. I'm getting about 350~ Mbps down / 250~ Mbps up via Speedtest.

Both results were taken around the same time, and 1 day apart (before / after installation).

EDIT: Just realised this issue has already been addressed earlier, and is already known to ASUS

Last edited:
Hey guys, anyone noticed a slow-down with wired clients connecting to the nodes?

My previous setup was:

AC68U (Main)
N15 (AP Mode)
AC1200 (AP Mode)

These were all connected via GigE ethernet. From my main PC which was connected via Cat 5E to the AC1200, it would get about 900~ Mbps down / 450~ Mbps up via Speedtest.

Now with the following setup:

AC68U (Main)
AC68U (Node)
AC68U (Node)

All are connected via ethernet, and my main PC is once again connected via Cat5E to one of the AC68U nodes. I'm getting about 350~ Mbps down / 250~ Mbps up via Speedtest.

Both results were taken around the same time, and 1 day apart (before / after installation).

EDIT: Just realised this issue has already been addressed earlier, and is already known to ASUS

Yes its a known issue. Cant wait for things to get back to normal

I'm trying to set up my AC88U as the main and AC68U as the node. However, the synchronization fails after going to 99% and error message tells me to check the items below. I followed them exactly, am I missing something?

Please check and try the below again if the synchronization fails:
1. If someone else also sets up AiMesh system at the same time, please wait for 1 minute and try it again.
2. Locate your AiMesh router and node within 3 meters when it's running the setup process.
3. Check if your AiMesh node is powered on.
4. Your AiMesh node is upgraded to AiMesh-supported firmware.
5. Your AiMesh node is reset to default.

I'm trying to set up my AC88U as the main and AC68U as the node. However, the synchronization fails after going to 99% and error message tells me to check the items below. I followed them exactly, am I missing something?
2. Locate your AiMesh router and node within 3 meters when it's running the setup process.

This seems odd to me. Is it required even for wired backhaul?

About to jump on the bandwagon with a AC-68U. I am "upgrading" from a linksys velop network that I didn't find worked that good. A couple basic questions. I use some cheap wifi cameras in my house. Is there a way to force them to use a certain node? For instance, maybe setting up a second network on the node closest to them and them connect to that, to ensure they connect to the closest?

Also, can you see which devices are connected to which node?

Thanks

About to jump on the bandwagon with a AC-68U. I am "upgrading" from a linksys velop network that I didn't find worked that good. A couple basic questions. I use some cheap wifi cameras in my house. Is there a way to force them to use a certain node? For instance, maybe setting up a second network on the node closest to them and them connect to that, to ensure they connect to the closest?

Also, can you see which devices are connected to which node?

Thanks
No, you can't force a client to any particular node.
Yes, you can see what's connected to each node (except the Mesh router - which just shows an aggregation of all clients).
I also have lots of wireless smart devices in my home, including a couple cheap wifi cameras, thermostats, irrigation controls, garage door controls... I don't consider them "trusted" so I have them all on my Guest SSID, which means - only connected to my master router. Luckily the signal is strong enough to cover them all.

Those only help if devices also support them.

I have asked ASUS to clarify which routers support 11k,v,r and whether AiMesh does.

Update: ASUS says 11k,v,r are not supported. Only "in-house design roaming".

hmm so it is not really more then something around Roaming Assistent setting which we already have for years?

Problem is that that doesn't really work for me, i can tweak it a bit, but for 2.4Ghz i have to turn it off because else i am constantly kicked of without really anything better to connect to...
(if i am in specific rooms)

Or does the router somehow really see that it doesn't make any sense to kick me off because there is nothing better, and if i go to another room it understand that i can be moved?

Still really wondering how this really works, i would have liked that the world moved faster to some standards routers/accesspoints and clients (like 11r,k.v.s)

No, you can't force a client to any particular node.
Yes, you can see what's connected to each node (except the Mesh router - which just shows an aggregation of all clients).
I also have lots of wireless smart devices in my home, including a couple cheap wifi cameras, thermostats, irrigation controls, garage door controls... I don't consider them "trusted" so I have them all on my Guest SSID, which means - only connected to my master router. Luckily the signal is strong enough to cover them all.

Sorry for the noob question, but what would be the rational regarding doing the guest network for those devices? I have a lot of wireless cameras and smart home devices running zwave/wireless and I have them all routed through my secured network....

Those only help if devices also support them.

I have asked ASUS to clarify which routers support 11k,v,r and whether AiMesh does.

Update: ASUS says 11k,v,r are not supported. Only "in-house design roaming".

Do any other mesh systems, e.g., Lyra, Orbi, Google Mesh, utilize any of these protocols?

Status
Not open for further replies.