What's new

[Official Release] AiMesh Firmware v3.0.0.4.384.10007 for All Supported Products

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Do you think there'd be any benefit to doing another NVRAM and/or complete reset on the node? I did a NVRAM reset on it once after the final cfe (correct) installation, but that was it. Hoping that switching to wired backhaul and rebooting the router this morning gives me stability. Guess we'll see.

Do you think there'd be any benefit to doing another NVRAM and/or complete reset on the node? I did a NVRAM reset on it once after the final cfe (correct) installation, but that was it. Hoping that switching to wired backhaul and rebooting the router this morning gives me stability. Guess we'll see.
And double-check the MACs in the CFE with the one on the router's sticker.

Has anyone else had any issues with an echo dot becoming very slow and often unresponsive to voice commands? I have 1 AC68U wireless node and 1 AC68U AiMesh router in my setup and the echo dot is more often than not unresponsive over both 2.4 and 5 Ghz bands. I've checked when it's connected to main router and on the wireless node and no difference. When I turn off the wireless node it seems to respond very quickly. I've also replaced the dot with a brand new one just a few days ago with the same results. This never used to happen when I had just one AC68U router running Merlin 380. Is there a potential issue with AiMesh and echo dots?

Has anyone else had any issues with an echo dot becoming very slow and often unresponsive to voice commands? I have 1 AC68U wireless node and 1 AC68U AiMesh router in my setup and the echo dot is more often than not unresponsive over both 2.4 and 5 Ghz bands. I've checked when it's connected to main router and on the wireless node and no difference. When I turn off the wireless node it seems to respond very quickly. I've also replaced the dot with a brand new one just a few days ago with the same results. This never used to happen when I had just one AC68U router running Merlin 380. Is there a potential issue with AiMesh and echo dots?

I have 3 echo dots and no issues with AiMesh. The Echo dots are connected to the nodes.
My setup is:
RT-AC5300 main router and RT-86U nodes x2.

Bug report:

I see a discrepancy between web UI and IOS app. The node is configured with Ethernet backhaul. This is correctly reported on Web UI but incorrectly on IOS app. Web says wired which is correct but IOS app says wireless. THis is the bug. Thank you.

Attachments

• IMG_6009.PNG
    IMG_6009.PNG
    242 KB · Views: 588
  • IMG_6010.PNG
    IMG_6010.PNG
    1.1 MB · Views: 617
Hey guys, been following for a while, just signed up to reply. Im running a pair of RT-AC68U both with the latest 384.10007 firmware. they paired up in AiMesh mode no problem, but im also having the problem where after about 8 hours the "node" router will go offline.

Im now using a WeMo plug to toggle to power off/on every 8 hours, and also so I can remotely toggle the power if it goes offline before the scheduled toggle event occurs.

I sent a feedback through the app last night.

I don't use the app, but I'm seeing this in the GUI. The node is still working even though it shows as offline.

I connected 2 AC68Us vis aimesh. The ainode disconnects every 10 minutes or so. It won't stay connected. It's not a distance thing as they have full strength connection and are close with line of sight. Also media bridge mode doesn't connect to begin with. Any ideas? Is there someone that I can submit some logs to? I gave up on Aimesh for now because of this and loaded Merlin's firmware and put the 2nd one in media bridge mode. It worked on the first try and no issues so far. That being said, I'd like to eventually get the Aimesh working. If I can, I might set this up for my parents. THanks, Matt

Is there info or FAQ describing what 'exactly' AiMesh does to assist with client roaming? I'm trying to understand what, if anything, would be gained by moving my 3 ASUS AC68's from its current setup (all on single SSID using Merlin FW) to AiMesh.

thx

What kind of topology does Aimesh support? Do each node have to connect to the main router? My main router is on 1 end of the home and I hope to reach the other end of the home with multiple nodes.

Main <-> node1 <-> node2 <-> node 3

Does that work?

Thanks

I connected 2 AC68Us vis aimesh. The ainode disconnects every 10 minutes or so. It won't stay connected. It's not a distance thing as they have full strength connection and are close with line of sight. Also media bridge mode doesn't connect to begin with. Any ideas? Is there someone that I can submit some logs to? I gave up on Aimesh for now because of this and loaded Merlin's firmware and put the 2nd one in media bridge mode. It worked on the first try and no issues so far. That being said, I'd like to eventually get the Aimesh working. If I can, I might set this up for my parents. THanks, Matt
try factory reset and power cycle (unplug for 30+ sec)both AC68, had similar disconnect for me but the trick does it for me

I've been trying to setup the AI mesh nodes with fixed IP addresses. All my other infrastructure devices have fixed IP addresses outside the dynamic address range. The reservations are listed in the manually assigned device list in the DHCP Server tab.

Is there a way to force the AI Mesh configuration to honor the mapping in the DHCP Server tab?

I've been trying to setup the AI mesh nodes with fixed IP addresses. All my other infrastructure devices have fixed IP addresses outside the dynamic address range. The reservations are listed in the manually assigned device list in the DHCP Server tab.

Is there a way to force the AI Mesh configuration to honor the mapping in the DHCP Server tab?
It works by me. The MAC-address of the NODE is in the DHCP list of the ROUTER and so get the assigned IP-address.
I did this before I created a mesh system (but you can always enter the mac-address and required IP-address manually in your routers' DHCP list).

After successfully converting my TM-AC1900's to AT-68U's, I got AiMesh up and running.

Only bad thing is the node disconnects for a little while every now and then, causing a loss in connectivity for my devices .

This happens to mine quite a few times a day. I work from home and can really notice it. My laptop is connected via cat5, which is stable. My phone sitting next to me is on wifi and disxonnects several times a day. Different chromecast audio disconnects with the synced Pandora a bit. In addition my smart thing hub gets disconnected a couple times a day.

Status
Not open for further replies.