What's new

[Official Release] AiMesh Firmware v3.0.0.4.384.20308 for All Supported Products

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Thanks Richard. Good to know. I searched in this thread and did not see any mention of this, so that's why I posted. argh.... i have always have MAC Filter in my WiFi setup all these years. Feel weird to have to disable that for now. Would you know if there is anywhere I can find more information on when the fix is available? Thanks.

i did a bit more digging and realize that this was discussed in the other v3.0.0.4.384.10007 thread. Guess I will just have to wait for a new release...

Thanks Richard. Good to know. I searched in this thread and did not see any mention of this, so that's why I posted. argh.... i have always have MAC Filter in my WiFi setup all these years. Feel weird to have to disable that for now. Would you know if there is anywhere I can find more information on when the fix is available? Thanks.

I am working with them and provide detailed logs and they mentioned that the problem is reproducible.

Btw, still no .20379 release for AC86U? AC88U got it week ago.

Hi, can I ask if Guest Network is working in this version? I read previously in beta that it was not working? My AiMesh setup is as follow.. AC86U (router) --> wired --> AC68U (node). I wanted to test it, but just want to make sure it will not reset my router or anything... :)

Hi, can I ask if Guest Network is working in this version? I read previously in beta that it was not working? My AiMesh setup is as follow.. AC86U (router) --> wired --> AC68U (node). I wanted to test it, but just want to make sure it will not reset my router or anything... :)

Nope. Still not a feature of AiMesh nodes... only the router.

This is released firmware and there are no reports of it resetting your router.

OE

Last edited:
Nope. Still not a feature of AiMesh nodes... only the router.

This is released firmware and there are no reports of it resetting your router.

OE

Thanks... meaning I can enable Guest Network, just that it won't work? I can see there is a screen to setup Guest network..

According to "WPS" key world show off in some WiFi analysis tools, the information is only for AP's capability indication. it's not mean the WPS had been activated or is activating....

In current design, User can't "Disabled" WPS function in Node by WebUI(AiMesh Router).

Last edited:
Im trying again, I have 3x ac86u, one as main router and two that I use as nodes (one in the hallway and one in the bedroom, I have an Escam K108 Mini NVR s that I use for 5hd hikvision camera ,and when i insert the network cable from nvr to the asus node i always lose the connection from the node to nvr i can see that the network lamp stops lithing for a few seconds then it works again, very unstable connection and yes i have tried several network cables, and I have also tried the same node that I use in the hallway still bad unstable, the node I use in the bedroom, I also use on my computers and it works well stable but not stable to my nvr,but if i connect my nvr to my ac86u main router,then it works good. The node in the bedroom works well to my computers using cables to my computers,but not to my nvr as i use for my surveillance camera,im using all my nodes wireless.nodes working great but not on my nvr using cable,but cable to my main router its working,tried for 2days now im giving up,need som help,using cable to my node from nvr losing conections,the light also go away some secunds on the node also.I got a new nvr box foscam yesterday 21/2-2018, nvr i still have the same problem?now im using cable in the citchen cable to the node new cable to the node from the foscan nvr sgot the same problem please whats wrong,why is this problem,never had this problem on my orby rbk53.dont want to go back to orbi

Im trying again, I have 3x ac86u, one as main router and two that I use as nodes (one in the hallway and one in the bedroom, I have an Escam K108 Mini NVR s that I use for 5hd hikvision camera ,and when i insert the network cable from nvr to the asus node i always lose the connection from the node to nvr i can see that the network lamp stops lithing for a few seconds then it works again, very unstable connection and yes i have tried several network cables, and I have also tried the same node that I use in the hallway still bad unstable, the node I use in the bedroom, I also use on my computers and it works well stable but not stable to my nvr,but if i connect my nvr to my ac86u main router,then it works good. The node in the bedroom works well to my computers using cables to my computers,but not to my nvr as i use for my surveillance camera,im using all my nodes wireless.nodes working great but not on my nvr using cable,but cable to my main router its working,tried for 2days now im giving up,need som help,using cable to my node from nvr losing conections,the light also go away some secunds on the node also.I got a new nvr box foscam yesterday 21/2-2018, nvr i still have the same problem?now im using cable in the citchen cable to the node new cable to the node from the foscan nvr sgot the same problem please whats wrong,why is this problem,never had this problem on my orby rbk53.dont want to go back to orbi

Could you send feedback by Feedback function ?

Thanks... meaning I can enable Guest Network, just that it won't work? I can see there is a screen to setup Guest network..
You can enable guest network(s) on the main router, but they are not propagated to the AiMesh node(s). I elected to revert to wired access points, which allow me to enable, configure, and control guest networks on each node. You just need to weigh whether features you need are worth sacrificing single-point management that AiMesh adds.

According to "WPS" key world show off in some WiFi analysis tools, the information is only for AP's capability indication. it's not mean the WPS had been activated or is activating....

In current design, User can't "Disabled" WPS function in Node by WebUI(AiMesh Router).
@dabears seems to indicate otherwise: https://www.snbforums.com/threads/o...-supported-products.43125/page-43#post-381889

I have never seen WPS be broadcast without it being on. If it were only broadcasting the fact that the router supports it, wouldn't it also displays for the router? Why does it only show on the 2.4 band for the node (instead of for both bands on both nodes)?

I would prefer to not see it broadcast at all on either band on any node, to ensure it is disabled. As it stands, it looks pretty active, and @dabears seems to have confirmed this. I don't have anything to test with, but just based on how I've seen the WiFi analyzer app work before, plus the fact that nothing else shows WPS active, leads me to believe something is wrong here.

Can anyone else with a WPS client report what they see and if they can connect to a node with WPS while the router has the feature disabled?

@dabears seems to indicate otherwise: https://www.snbforums.com/threads/o...-supported-products.43125/page-43#post-381889

I have never seen WPS be broadcast without it being on. If it were only broadcasting the fact that the router supports it, wouldn't it also displays for the router? Why does it only show on the 2.4 band for the node (instead of for both bands on both nodes)?

I would prefer to not see it broadcast at all on either band on any node, to ensure it is disabled. As it stands, it looks pretty active, and @dabears seems to have confirmed this. I don't have anything to test with, but just based on how I've seen the WiFi analyzer app work before, plus the fact that nothing else shows WPS active, leads me to believe something is wrong here.

Can anyone else with a WPS client report what they see and if they can connect to a node with WPS while the router has the feature disabled?

Such as what i said, it's mean capability, not activating....

why 2.4g band only ?
Please refer the png file or refer your device webui in Wireless -> WPS

As i said, In current design, the WPS setting don't apply to Node when you changed it in router.

Attachments

• 螢幕快照 2018-02-23 上午1.00.04.png
    螢幕快照 2018-02-23 上午1.00.04.png
    375.1 KB · Views: 644
Such as what i said, it's mean capability, not activating....

Please refer the png file or refer your device webui in Wireless -> WPS

As i said, In current design, the WPS setting don't apply to Node when you changed it in router.
I think you're missing the point. @dabears seems to indicate he was able to connect a WPS client to the node, despite the feature being disabled at the router. That sounds pretty active to me.

The WiFi app I use to scan area WiFis shows what security is actively being used on a given node/client. In the past, pre-Asus routers (and certainly pre-AiMesh), when I've disabled WPS, the [WPS] disappears from my signal in the WiFi app, indicating it is disabled completely. That is not the case here.

What I don't think you're quite understanding is that the behavior of the app previously is to not display WPS on a signal if it is disabled. The fact that the node still shows WPS as active on the node for 2.4 GHz, combined with the fact that @dabears indicates he was able to connect to WPS despite router having it disabled tells me that the node still has WPS active. If it were truly disabled on the node, it would not display in the WiFi app. Period. That is not the behavior of the WiFi app I use.

To accept your conclusion a) ignores what other users appear to be reporting in terms of active nature of WPS, b) ignores how the WiFi app behaves, and c) accepts the fact that there is inconsistent behavior in the app, in that if it was merely a way to say "this router supports WPS" and not an indication of if WPS was actually active or not, then it should show for all bands on all nodes which it currently does not (i.e., the consistent behavior would be such that router and node 2.4 and 5 GHz bands would all display WPS, which they do not).

Bottom line: you seem to have an issue where the 2.4 GHz band on a node always has WPS enabled to allow clients to connect, regardless of the router's settings. This needs to be fixed so WPS does not show in a WiFi scan on any nodes when it is disabled at the router. There is no reason that WPS should display on a node's signal if it is turned off at the router. None.

EDIT: @dabears and others... perhaps I am not being clear. If anyone else is able to replicate what @dabears seems to have found, or if someone else can explain this in another way, I'd appreciate the support.

You can enable guest network(s) on the main router, but they are not propagated to the AiMesh node(s). I elected to revert to wired access points, which allow me to enable, configure, and control guest networks on each node. You just need to weigh whether features you need are worth sacrificing single-point management that AiMesh adds.

I want a guest network on my node to isolate known IoT clients from my intranet. At this point, I don't care if they can see each other on that guest network. Is it possible to configure the AiMesh router to achieve this isolation for these specific IoT clients in the absence of a working guest network?

OE

I think you're missing the point. @dabears seems to indicate he was able to connect a WPS client to the node, despite the feature being disabled at the router. That sounds pretty active to me.

The WiFi app I use to scan area WiFis shows what security is actively being used on a given node/client. In the past, pre-Asus routers (and certainly pre-AiMesh), when I've disabled WPS, the [WPS] disappears from my signal in the WiFi app, indicating it is disabled completely. That is not the case here.

What I don't think you're quite understanding is that the behavior of the app previously is to not display WPS on a signal if it is disabled. The fact that the node still shows WPS as active on the node for 2.4 GHz, combined with the fact that @dabears indicates he was able to connect to WPS despite router having it disabled tells me that the node still has WPS active. If it were truly disabled on the node, it would not display in the WiFi app. Period. That is not the behavior of the WiFi app I use.

To accept your conclusion a) ignores what other users appear to be reporting in terms of active nature of WPS, b) ignores how the WiFi app behaves, and c) accepts the fact that there is inconsistent behavior in the app, in that if it was merely a way to say "this router supports WPS" and not an indication of if WPS was actually active or not, then it should show for all bands on all nodes which it currently does not (i.e., the consistent behavior would be such that router and node 2.4 and 5 GHz bands would all display WPS, which they do not).

Bottom line: you seem to have an issue where the 2.4 GHz band on a node always has WPS enabled to allow clients to connect, regardless of the router's settings. This needs to be fixed so WPS does not show in a WiFi scan on any nodes when it is disabled at the router. There is no reason that WPS should display on a node's signal if it is turned off at the router. None.

EDIT: @dabears and others... perhaps I am not being clear. If anyone else is able to replicate what @dabears seems to have found, or if someone else can explain this in another way, I'd appreciate the support.
I totally understood dabears's requirement, please refer my response as I said. When you changed WPS setting, it's only applying in Router, it's not applying to Node.

I just try to let you know something about the current design.

我從使用 Tapatalk 的 ASUS_Z012DA 發送

There seems to be some incompatibility between your specific client wired to an AiMesh node.

I wonder how your client would respond:
o wired to a switch wired to an AiMesh node?
o assigned a static IP by the router?

OE

Last edited: