What's new

[Official Release] AiMesh Firmware v3.0.0.4.384.20308 for All Supported Products

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Is dynamic dns working for others after updating to the latest firmware? Mine gives an error of Unauthorized Registration Request when trying to update.

Is dynamic dns working for others after updating to the latest firmware? Mine gives an error of Unauthorized Registration Request when trying to update.

The subject firmware is no longer the latest, yes? So, which version are you referring to...

OE

It seems the RT-AC68U and RT-AC86U has the 648 version, while the RT-AC88U still have very old firmware version in the ASUS site.

It seems the RT-AC68U and RT-AC86U has the 648 version, while the RT-AC88U still have very old firmware version in the ASUS site.
Yes think there must be an issue with something on the 88U as the AC66B1 has had 2 updates latest today to 648 version

FYI

Updated my AC66U-B1 mesh node to the latest 648 version late last night , just updated via app then power cycled. Today discovered my alexa sitting above router disconnected and wont connect , noticed on router wi-fi lights going off for a period then coming back, recycled power a few times, no joy was about to disconnect and factory reset then re-add as mesh node when I logged in to my main node AC88U and noticed that the mesh node on update had reset itself to AUTO and a wireless connection, changed to /wired/Ethernet and bingo all now operating fine.... Worth remembering for those of us on wired connections as primary.

Had a few disconnect issues after update on AC66U so decided to factory reset (big mistake) , unfortunately i have been unable to reconnect it as a mesh node since and now running as an AP. I deleted node from GUI , factory reset 66U numerous times unable to connect , have even configured as a AP then doing restore/initialise from GUI, also reset my main 88U and still it wont connect. even uploaded previous firmware and reset , Currently connected as AP (on latest firmware) anyone any ideas what else different i can try.

Had a few disconnect issues after update on AC66U so decided to factory reset (big mistake) , unfortunately i have been unable to reconnect it as a mesh node since and now running as an AP. I deleted node from GUI , factory reset 66U numerous times unable to connect , have even configured as a AP then doing restore/initialise from GUI, also reset my main 88U and still it wont connect. even uploaded previous firmware and reset , Currently connected as AP (on latest firmware) anyone any ideas what else different i can try.

There may be some reason ASUS does not list the 66U as AiMesh-supported. Does the latest firmware indicate AiMesh in it?

OE

There may be some reason ASUS does not list the 66U as AiMesh-supported. Does the latest firmware indicate AiMesh in it?

OE
It was was running as mesh node even on latest firmware, tho as posted i decided to reset as i was getting more disconnects than normal. ASUS website has never listed it , but it's been working on AC66U-B1 since the second official firmware release. Think i saw somewhere that the 66u-b1 uses same firmware as AC86U

It was was running as mesh node even on latest firmware, tho as posted i decided to reset as i was getting more disconnects than normal. ASUS website has never listed it , but it's been working on AC66U-B1 since the second official firmware release. Think i saw somewhere that the 66u-b1 uses same firmware as AC86U
I think you answered your own question. You are using a device that isn't Aimesh supported and none of the firmware release notes for the 66U indicate Aimesh support.

Understood. And I've been told more than once. But I remain skeptical of any model not listed or noted as AiMesh-supported.

Does the latest/current 66U firmware indicate AiMesh in it? If so, then it would appear to be AiMesh-supported.

OE

Understood. And I've been told more than once. But I remain skeptical of any model not listed or noted as AiMesh-supported.

Does the latest/current 66U firmware indicate AiMesh in it? If so, then it would appear to be AiMesh-supported.

OE
NO but it doesn't say it doesnt either and anyway as i've stated it was working ! .

@RandomName23

please see post 10/11 https://www.snbforums.com/threads/asus-rt-ac66u-b1-firmware-version-3-0-0-4-384-10007.43122/

arthurlien comment ,

NO but it doesn't say it doesnt either and anyway as i've stated it was working ! .

@RandomName23

please see post 10/11 https://www.snbforums.com/threads/asus-rt-ac66u-b1-firmware-version-3-0-0-4-384-10007.43122/

arthurlien comment ,
All of the other devices that are Aimesh supported have indicated in their firmware release notes that Aimesh functionality was added, the 66U has never indicated that in the release notes and it is not listed as supported on the aimesh marketing page. Who cares if it once worked, you got lucky. You are using an unsupported configuration and you are having issues with said configuration, not a surprise. I just don't get the folks on this forum who use unsupported configurations and aren't willing to factory reset their routers but come on here and argue about why their setup isn't working.

@RandomName23

arthurlien comment ,

Well, it's not officially supported. And that thread does not breed confidence.

Maybe the firmware install tripped up and failed to differentiate your B1 build. Maybe try a reset followed by a manual install of the current firmware to see if it installs differently. But if it doesn't indicate AiMesh in the GUI, I doubt it will support AiMesh until it does.

OE

All of the other devices that are Aimesh supported have indicated in their firmware release notes that Aimesh functionality was added, the 66U has never indicated that in the release notes and it is not listed as supported on the aimesh marketing page. Who cares if it once worked, you got lucky. You are using an unsupported configuration and you are having issues with said configuration, not a surprise. I just don't get the folks on this forum who use unsupported configurations and aren't willing to factory reset their routers but come on here and argue about why their setup isn't working.

Arthurlien stated it would be supported and in next release and it was , I HAVE factory reset so don't get your last sentence. Unfortunately BIOS updates for 66U only go back to previous release so can't see changelog.

@arthurlien Can you clarify is AC66U-B1 supported for aimesh or has it now been dropped .

it
Well, it's not officially supported. And that thread does not breed confidence.

Maybe the firmware install tripped up and failed to differentiate your B1 build. Maybe try a reset followed by a manual install of the current firmware to see if it installs differently. But if it doesn't indicate AiMesh in the GUI, I doubt it will support AiMesh until it does.

OE
It does indicate aimesh in GUI , thats my point it just doesn't detect/add , it has came up and sait your node is ready to be added but it doesn't

it

It does indicate aimesh in GUI , thats my point it just doesn't detect/add , it has came up and sait your node is ready to be added but it doesn't

Ok, it does indicate AiMesh in the GUI... that's hopeful.

I'd redo the install and hope for better results. Also, make sure you have all of the necessary items enabled on the router that AiMesh requires for adding nodes... I think I have these all noted in my notes... like WPS, both radios, etc.

OE