What's new

[Official Release] AiMesh Firmware v3.0.0.4.384.20308 for All Supported Products

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

I understood some of those words. Any hand holding guides out there for people like me that can follow directions but don't know how to do what you just said?

Just do the nvram show and you can figure out where are the settings that you know and want to keep in the output.

e.g. Device names are in the "custom_clientlist" settings.

Just do the nvram show and you can figure out where are the settings that you know and want to keep in the output.

e.g. Device names are in the "custom_clientlist" settings.
Yeah, you already lost me. I don't know about any of that stuff. I mean, I kinda know what it t is, but what to find it, what to look for, how to write a script to save and load it... no idea.

You can always work this out easily if you can do a bit command line.
1. Enable SSH in the settings
2. SSH to the router
3. use command line "nvram show > settings.txt

Then you can get all the settings in settings.txt, download it in your computer and you can found client names, static IPs, ......

Then you can make up a script such as:

nvram set xxx=xxx
nvram commit

to add the settings back easily. After adding all the settings, you can reboot the device and all done.
Thought of that a long time ago. Great for a linux ace but for an average user - seems like a good way to f-up your nvram. Just testing it I caught an odd special character appended to a long complex setting string (customclient_list).
This is a consumer product and production software - not beta. It needs a more realistic way of handling f/w updates while saving user customized info.

Thought of that a long time ago. Great for a linux ace but for an average user - seems like a good way to f-up your nvram. Just testing it I caught an odd special character appended to a long complex setting string (customclient_list).
This is a consumer product and production software - not beta. It needs a more realistic way of handling f/w updates while saving user customized info.
Well, now I feel like slightly less of a dumb butt for not knowing what he was talking about. I know my way around a computer, but networking and Linux are two things I don't have any real knowledge on. We've just combined them. I'm sure some people just rolled their eyes, groaning while I said that, but I am what I am.

I have a GT-ac5300, I purchased today 3 Lyra thinking I could AiMesh them to it but not having any luck, is it even possible yet?

I have a GT-ac5300, I purchased today 3 Lyra thinking I could AiMesh them to it but not having any luck, is it even possible yet?

I have Lyra as well, Lyra and AiMesh are 2 different systems.

Well, I can never make Lyra stable as AP configurations. Try a lot to find ASUS support by still no luck. And I discovered AiMesh and moved to it, it is not perfect yet, but much more stable.

Forgot to mention my Lyra configuration: AP mode with ethernet backhaul.

Last edited:
Sounds foolproof...except last Sep 22 it was on Rel 26.2 What does that say to you? No, a cobbled-together script might work for some users, but not for consumers.
Just trying to help out the people who come on here and complain that their routers aren’t working right but are too lazy to do a factory reset like they should. It’s not meant for everyone but it would work for a lot of people. It’s also not a cobbled together script, it’s from @RMerlin.

I have a weird problem. I have 3 TM1900 converted to AC-RT68U and formed a AiMesh network. Router is downstairs in AP mode connected to my main router. I have 2 nodes upstairs in separated room. There is no Ethernet cable connected between router and nodes. The network works fine after setup. In my study room, I have a desktop connected to one of the node wired. From time to time, the desktop will show no internet access. It still have the IP, but I can't go anywhere. Reset the NIC does not help, reboot computer does not help. I have to reboot the node to make it work again. I have tried to clear NVRAM on both nodes, but problem still not fixed. I actually had this issue when I first setup the Mesh on 10007 firmware, I hope 20308 can fix the issue but it doesn't. Anyone have same issue?

I have Lyra as well, Lyra and AiMesh are 2 different systems.

Well, I can never make Lyra stable as AP configurations. Try a lot to find ASUS support by still no luck. And I discovered AiMesh and moved to it, it is not perfect yet, but much more stable.

Thanks for the info Richard, I also bought a AC1900 and in mesh mode it really is solid - think I will forget the Lyra for now and pick up two more AC1900’s to mesh out my house. I moved to ASUS from a NETGEAR x10 r900 and love the ASUS system so far.

Also..if Smart Connect is only supported on a main device, is it better to not use Smart Connect at all
As a simple summary of mesh features:
Roaming assistance: kick off connection of a STA with weak signal and steer to connect to another router/node with better signal
Smart Connect: kick off connection of a STA based on the rules and steer to another channel within the same node
Shouldn't the GUI in the main router with aimesh indicate if a feature is not supported on some nodes? Like Smart Connect?

I have a weird problem. I have 3 TM1900 converted to AC-RT68U and formed a AiMesh network.

As stated previously, Asus does not support TM-1900 converted routers.

A question about Roaming Assistant.

Did roaming assistant works if I setup individual APs instead of using AiMesh?

In this Case, Roaming Assistant is only handle when to kick off client and there is no any communication between Nodes.

A small bug with current firmware?
(No Aimesh, a stand alone router).

On router reboot, any wireless schedule times configured are wiped.
Means I have to set up the schedule again. :-(