What's new

[Official Release] AiMesh Firmware v3.0.0.4.384.20308 for All Supported Products

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Do you know how many attempts you made before it locked up? Previous evidence suggested only a handful of times (i.e., less than 10). I'm wondering if you saw the same.

Thanks for testing and reporting back!

Yes, less than 10, around 5 in my test.

Now let's find a way to enable guest on the nodes through ssh.

Verstuurd vanaf mijn SM-N950F met Tapatalk

Enabling UI is not good anyway, since a subset of settings will sync from main router to nodes, those settings that you changed manually may be overwritten during the sync.

Enabling UI is not good anyway, since a subset of settings will sync from main router to nodes, those settings that you changed manually may be overwritten during the sync.
But in my case I want these settings (guest) to sync, but it doesn't do that. Same as WPS disable. But I understand your reply. Good catch!

Verstuurd vanaf mijn SM-N950F met Tapatalk

Hi.

i have a questions.
86u is AIMesh Router, 68U is a node....is Smart Connect work or not in my network ? Or maybe only when i connect to 86u ?
On node work both band ?

thx

Hi.

i have a questions.
86u is AIMesh Router, 68U is a node....is Smart Connect work or not in my network ? Or maybe only when i connect to 86u ?
On node work both band ?

thx
Smart connect will only work when connected to the router or node that supports it.

Interesting one , just came home and my living-room Echo/Harmony Hub and kitchen wemo plug had lost communication with my mesh node AC66U-B1. My 2 other Echo's were functioning normally connected to the main router AC88U. Power recycled & reset 66U several times unable to reconnect it back to main router. Noticed at that point on app that CPU2 of AC88U was 100% so rebooted AC88U then it connected discovered/setup mesh node AC66U from scratch. Don't know if relevant but neither router had been reset since 14/2/18 when updated to 308 firmware. Can't see anything obvious in system log.
Edit:

Noticed some other posts re needing to reboot after a while, suspect a memory leak issue

Last edited:
Is anyone else have issues with ai protection time scheduling. The time is correct on my rt-3100 My daughters laptop is supposed to lock her down at 10PM. However now at 8PM. It is blocking her. This started within these last two firmware releases

Hi.

i have a questions.
On node work both band ?

thx

It's only work when you connect to 86u.

Hi.

i have a questions.
On node work both band ?

thx

Since RT-AC68U did not supports Smart Connect, it just not working on 68U.

Is anyone else have issues with ai protection time scheduling. The time is correct on my rt-3100 My daughters laptop is supposed to lock her down at 10PM. However now at 8PM. It is blocking her. This started within these last two firmware releases
Are you using Aimesh with nodes setup? Is she connected to the main router or a node when this happens? I know there were some issues with the timezone not staying set correctly so I suppose it is possible if connected to the node it is on a different timezone than the main router.

Are you using Aimesh with nodes setup? Is she connected to the main router or a node when this happens? I know there were some issues with the timezone not staying set correctly so I suppose it is possible if connected to the node it is on a different timezone than the main router.
No I am not using the mesh setup. I have two routers in the house. Rt-5300 in ap mode and the 3100 acting as the main router. I will check the 5300 also for the time but it all should be dictated by the 3100 since that has the time rule

have noticed similar message in my ac3100 and ac66u B1

The syslog is flood with the following message to the point it force the router to reboot

Code:
Mar  2 08:20:37 kernel: ERR[parse_qos_conf:932] Can't set new QoS conf while QoS is started!
Mar  2 08:20:37 kernel: ERR[ioctl_iqos_op_config:3592] parse qos_conf error!!
Mar  2 08:20:37 kernel: ioctl_iqos_op_config() fail!
Mar  2 08:20:37 kernel: ERR[qos_start:3344] QoS is already started!
Mar  2 08:20:37 kernel: ioctl_iqos_op_switch(1) fail!

and after reboot, there is this message
Code:
Mar  2 08:23:50 kernel: ERR[qos_start:3356] qos_ops is not registered!
Mar  2 08:23:50 kernel: ioctl_iqos_op_switch(1) fail!

I have included a copy of syslog from ac66u b1, where it had trigger a router reboot on its own.

Attachments

• syslog.txt
    493.8 KB · Views: 327
have noticed similar message in my ac3100 and ac66u B1

The syslog is flood with the following message to the point it force the router to reboot

Code:
Mar  2 08:20:37 kernel: ERR[parse_qos_conf:932] Can't set new QoS conf while QoS is started!
Mar  2 08:20:37 kernel: ERR[ioctl_iqos_op_config:3592] parse qos_conf error!!
Mar  2 08:20:37 kernel: ioctl_iqos_op_config() fail!
Mar  2 08:20:37 kernel: ERR[qos_start:3344] QoS is already started!
Mar  2 08:20:37 kernel: ioctl_iqos_op_switch(1) fail!

and after reboot, there is this message
Code:
Mar  2 08:23:50 kernel: ERR[qos_start:3356] qos_ops is not registered!
Mar  2 08:23:50 kernel: ioctl_iqos_op_switch(1) fail!

I have included a copy of syslog from ac66u b1, where it had trigger a router reboot on its own.
No message lime that on my AC66U B1. Are you trying to run QOS while in Access Point mode?

Sent from my P01M using Tapatalk

No message lime that on my AC66U B1. Are you trying to run QOS while in Access Point mode?

both router are wireless router mode with adaptive qos enabled.
they are connected to 2 different ISP.

both router are wireless router mode with adaptive qos enabled.
they are connected to 2 different ISP.
By chance have you done a factory reset and manual configure since 384 upgrade?

By chance have you done a factory reset and manual configure since 384 upgrade?

always power cycle, factory reset and clear nvram (when possible) when I update firmware/switch between official n merlin, and I have done couple time with this firmware
While ac66u b1 is only on official and recently switch ac3100 back to merlin, both firmware has similar issue with the error message for qos in the syslog.

Last edited:
Unable to check new firmware ... from GUI: Administration -> Firmware Upgrade -> Check

I got the following message: "The router cannot connect to ASUS server to check for the firmware update. After reconnecting to the Internet, go back to this page and click Check to check for the latest firmware updates."
  • Is it only me, or does it affect everyone else?
  • If it is a schedule firmware Server down time, it will be nice to have a better message :) Thanks.
  • Tried for close to an hour

Unable to check new firmware ... from GUI: Administration -> Firmware Upgrade -> Check

I got the following message: "The router cannot connect to ASUS server to check for the firmware update. After reconnecting to the Internet, go back to this page and click Check to check for the latest firmware updates."
  • If it is a schedule firmware Server down time, it will be nice to have a better message :) Thanks.
I just tried and get the same message. It worked previously so must be on Asus end.

Can anyone please tell me what's going on here with "callbacks suppressed"?

Mar 7 16:09:38 kernel: eth4 (Ext switch port: 3) (Logical Port: 11) Link DOWN.
Mar 7 16:09:40 kernel: eth4 (Ext switch port: 3) (Logical Port: 11) Link UP 1000 mbps full duplex
Mar 7 16:09:44 kernel: net_ratelimit: 8705 callbacks suppressed
Mar 7 16:09:52 kernel: net_ratelimit: 1514 callbacks suppressed
Mar 7 16:09:57 kernel: net_ratelimit: 12298 callbacks suppressed

I'm using AiMesh latest firmware on 86U as Main and 68R as node. I'm wondering if it is due to the fact that I have an unmanaged switch between them. I don't have the experience to understand what is going on, or if this is a bad thing, but I'm guessing that it is not desired behavior.

Exact same problem here, has always worked before. Maybe ASUS are uploading some new firmwares (AiMesh) to their servers, can only hope.