What's new

[OFFICIAL] RT-AC68U 3.0.0.4.382.18881

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Remove guest network from the ac-rt1900p.

Attachments

• ASUS Wireless Router RT-AC1900P - Guest Network.jpg
    ASUS Wireless Router RT-AC1900P - Guest Network.jpg
    28.6 KB · Views: 738
Dieter, that does not remove the guest net, but only disables it. Like wouterv said, you have to reset to delete. That sucks and is a poor design.

UPDATE: The pre-existing guest net settings stopped working in v3004382.18547. But if you reset the router and reconfigure it works.

My AC68U in media bridge mode keeps rebooting. Does this log tell you guys anything?
Factory reset, flashed, factory reset, manual setup of media bridge mode.
Happened once in i while with asuswrt-merlin 380.68_4, but at least once a day with latest Asus 382.

Edit: Crashed again

Attachments

• syslog.txt
    40.4 KB · Views: 532
  • syslog2.txt
    9.5 KB · Views: 643
Last edited:
I have an RT-AC1900p and this firmware. I can’t find the WMM setting.

I do see WMM APSD, but no WMM. Where is that setting? For those running this firmware, do you see this setting?

EDIT: ASUS support confirmed this setting on by default and not a user option.

Last edited:
On Chrome (or Edge, or IE for that matter) the Wireless page is not showing all the trimmings around the outside of the main wireless settings panel.

Makes setting up Wireless kinda hard...

On the home page, the System Status section seems to be missing the tabs it used to have, the key field is blank, the LAN IP, PIN code, LAN MAC address, and both wireless MAC addresses are all blank/show no data.

Anybody else seen this? Any workaround? Any likelihood of a remediation from ASUS anytime soon?

On Chrome (or Edge, or IE for that matter) the Wireless page is not showing all the trimmings around the outside of the main wireless settings panel.

On the home page, the System Status section seems to be missing the tabs it used to have, the key field is blank, the LAN IP, PIN code, LAN MAC address, and both wireless MAC addresses are all blank/show no data.

Anybody else seen this? Any workaround? Any likelihood of a remediation from ASUS anytime soon?
I assume you have refreshed the browser cache.
I suggest to revert to Factory defaults and manual configure the router again.

Asus introduced the same problem for the RT-AC86U in firmware version 3.0.0.4.382.18848

I assume you have refreshed the browser cache.
I suggest to revert to Factory defaults and manual configure the router again.
Yes, I've flushed Chrome's cache and tried alternate browsers/platforms that don't usually administer the router.

I tried a reset followed by just admin account/password (even Wireless left defaults/open) and the GUI problems described above were gone. But after an nvram-restore, from an nvram-backup made a few minutes earlier, using Merlin's 26.2, the problems returned.

So I tried another reset. Then an admin account/password (even Wireless left defaults/open). GUI problems described above were gone. Set router's IP address. No GUI problems. Applied an SSID and WPA-2 Personal/a key to 2.4 GHz wireless and both problems described above returned. Rather than continue putting in all several hundred settings manually I did the nvram-restore again.

There really is a problem here. somewhere..

Last edited:
I am glad my router is not unique :)
These system log entries appear after the GUI crash as result of opening the System Status > Status Tab:
Code:
Dec  4 19:38:47 watchdog: restart httpd
Dec  4 19:38:47 rc_service: watchdog 277:notify_rc stop_httpd
Dec  4 19:38:47 rc_service: watchdog 277:notify_rc start_httpd
Dec  4 19:38:47 RT-AC68U: start httpd
The GUI crash happens in both latest versions of Firefox and Edge.
All the rest the router is stable with performance as before.
Hi wouterv,

Just wanted to let you know in Merlin’s 382.2 beta 1 release this crash is fixed.:)

More results:

This is key sensitive. I tried my SSID and a key of 63 "a"s. No problem. But when I use my key, problem.

My key includes all the following characters, but not in this order:
''-----!"""#....@@_______001225666778ABdfFFhhilnNoopqrRsTUwWxzZ

Don't use fancy characters in an SSID, a PSK or a password. Asuswrt's webui has trouble dealing with quotes, double quotes and possibly some other characters.

You don't need to go crazy to have a secure PSK, to be honest. It's better to make it longer than to add weird characters - more characters = better entropy, and fewer finger cramps trying to enter them on a smartphone anyway.

Clearly they have problems dealing with otherwise perfectly legal PSKs. They operate the WiFi with them fine but the GUI gags up. Properly encoding strings of arbitrary characters is HTML 101.

Rather than re-key dozens of devices that use the existing key, I found a workaround to these ASUS bugs: I created a 64hex key from the ASCII and the SSID using an available encoder on the web. Works a dream. I edited the nvram-save file to replace the string PSK with the hex one. Restore Factory. nvram-restore the modified backup. Works a dream. The broken ASUS GUI is happy. The client devices are happy.

Thanks @RMerlin for all you do for this community.

Clearly they have problems dealing with otherwise perfectly legal PSKs. They operate the WiFi with them fine but the GUI gags up. Properly encoding strings of arbitrary characters is HTML 101.

Rather than re-key dozens of devices that use the existing key, I found a workaround to these ASUS bugs: I created a 64hex key from the ASCII and the SSID using an available encoder on the web. Works a dream. I edited the nvram-save file to replace the string PSK with the hex one. Restore Factory. nvram-restore the modified backup. Works a dream. The broken ASUS GUI is happy. The client devices are happy.

Thanks @RMerlin for all you do for this community.
Anyway I am surprised with RMerlin, that peopke like you still see need for SSID, passphrases or hostnames with odd characters while it adds zero value.
Many routers, applications or maybe just their GUI don't like odd characters.
It is common practice since decades to only use Aa to Zz and 0 to 9 for those, no spaces and no @#?!.,$&

Hi wouterv,

Just wanted to let you know in Merlin’s 382.2 beta 1 release this crash is fixed.:)
Thanks! I now also know why it worked at first, with a laptop still hardwired for the firmware upgrade:
"FIXED: httpd crash on certain web pages if there are no Ethernet clients connected".

[EDIT] Also fixed in new firmware 3.0.0.4.384.10007.

Last edited: