What's new
  • SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Julio Urquidi

News Editor
googleonhereonhub.jpg
Time sure flies. It's already been a year since Google announced its OnHub router. First designed through a partnership with TP-Link, then later with Asus, Google provided a smart home platform that simplifies updating of new features as they become available. A recent example is OnHub's new feature called On.Here.

By using a browser, On.Here lets those connected to OnHub control guest-accessible devices managed by the router from a list of presented products. One of the first line of products that will work with On.Here is Philips Hue lighting. Without having to download an additional app, connected users can use their mobile device or computer to control the Philips Hue lighting in a room to help suit a mood.

For more information on On-Hub's new On.Here feature, check out the Google Official Blog and the On.Here OnHub Help page.
onhubasustplink.jpg

Attachments

• googleonhub.jpg
    googleonhub.jpg
    320.5 KB · Views: 581
Last edited:
Also note - on the Google Blog entry, there's an online coupon for $20 off for the TP-Link version thru the end of September...

We’d like to extend a huge thank you to everyone who has given us feedback on how OnHub is solving their Wi-Fi problems. If you’d like to see for yourself, we’re offering $20 off OnHub from TP-LINK sold in the Google Store and Amazon in the next month — just grab your OnHub online between now and September 30. Happy birthday, OnHub!​

but amazon now selling it internationally, i can place an order to Poland...

I wouldn't recommend buying a router from a different country, as it will be pre-configured for different channels/output powers.

I wouldn't recommend buying a router from a different country, as it will be pre-configured for different channels/output powers.

I agree - the only exception would be if one was in the same regulatory domain, let's say the EU, where regulation have been harmonized, but within that domain, market availability becomes a problem. That can be overcome by ordering from another location inside that same domain... that would be the only exception I could see working out...

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!