What's new

One video file is invisible in DLNA

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

vrapp

I have DLNA server configured on RT-N66U, and it's correctly showing all video files in the configured directory - except one. That one seems to be the same .mkv file as other files in the same directory, which are visible and playable. If I navigate to the same directory configured as SAMBA, I see the file and can play it by VLC and by standalone blu-ray player. But when looking via UPnP, it's not visible.

Wondering, what could be the reason.

I have DLNA server configured on RT-N66U, and it's correctly showing all video files in the configured directory - except one. That one seems to be the same .mkv file as other files in the same directory, which are visible and playable. If I navigate to the same directory configured as SAMBA, I see the file and can play it by VLC and by standalone blu-ray player. But when looking via UPnP, it's not visible.

Wondering, what could be the reason.

Make sure the file isn't damaged or corrupted.

Not damaged... watched it from start to finish.

I tried two DLNA servers, Servilio and TVMObly; both showed it OK. See the screenshot of what VLC can see in UPnP - "Se7en" can be seen in those two, but not in "Homelan" which is router's server.

ju8ew5.png

Last edited:
No idea then. Could be a bug with minidlna's parser.

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!