What's new

Open Transmission Port when running on Router with VPN

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

MtTinky

New Around Here
Hi Guys,

Thanks to much of the combined knowledge you have all contributed, I was able to get Transmission up and running on my RT-AC68U and it has been working perfectly for a week or so.

The only problem I have is that I cannot for the life of me get port 51413 open. No matter what I do, it says tells me it is closed?

My Setup is:
Entware> Transmission running on the router, binding to 192.168.2.66
OpenVPN connected at startup before transmission starts

my firewall-start is as follows:
Code:
#!/bin/sh
iptables -I INPUT -p tcp --destination-port 9091 -j ACCEPT
iptables -I INPUT -p tcp --destination-port 51413 -j ACCEPT
iptables -I INPUT -p udp --destination-port 51413 -j ACCEPT

Which I assume is working fine, as I can connect to the web interface remotely on port 9091 using my phone when not on wifi (the purpose of that entry). But even with this, the port still reports as closed?

In desperation, I have also tried to add a Virtual Server / Port Forwarding entry as follows:

Port: 51413
IP: 192.168.2.66
Local Port: 51413
Protocol: Both

I wasn't sure if the IP needed to be the bind IP (as above) or 192.168.2.1 (the routers), but neither seemed to work...I'm not sure what else to try, I didn't think I should need the virtual server, but since it is running on the router, do I need to some additional entries?

Does anyone know what I am doing wrong or have any ideas what I could try?

Thanks again!

So if I understand correctly - you're running Transmission, a BitTorent Client, over OpenVPN, on a Router/AP that is your security Firewall, and all those tasks run as ROOT?

WHY?

It's much like letting the world's smartest minds gather together in the midst of a known psychic...

It's a good death, an honorable death... let it be known to all...

Just because you can, doesn't mean you should...