What's new

OpenVPN problems (380.63, 380.64 beta 1)

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Alpha 007

Occasional Visitor
I have had OpenVPN working for a long time. Then after applying 380.63_2, it no longer works. I then tried to apply 380.64_beta1 but no luck there either. After returning to 380.62_1 (no other changes) it works again.

Problem #1: When connecting to the router from a client, everything seems to work correctly. The connection is established and both ends show a connection. However, nothing passes through the VPN tunnel.

Problem #2. When the router connects as a client (to another router; with old firmware), then everything seems fine but nothing goes through the tunnel.

Anybody having the same problems?

I have had OpenVPN working for a long time. Then after applying 380.63_2, it no longer works. I then tried to apply 380.64_beta1 but no luck there either. After returning to 380.62_1 (no other changes) it works again.

Problem #1: When connecting to the router from a client, everything seems to work correctly. The connection is established and both ends show a connection. However, nothing passes through the VPN tunnel.

Problem #2. When the router connects as a client (to another router; with old firmware), then everything seems fine but nothing goes through the tunnel.

Anybody having the same problems?
Running Merlin 380.63, OpenVPN Client here with no problems.

Did you try other "Encryption cipher's" then the default setting on both sides, like for example "AES-128-CBC"?