1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
Dismiss Notice

Welcome To SNBForums

SNBForums is a community for anyone who wants to learn about or discuss the latest in wireless routers, network storage and the ins and outs of building and maintaining a small network.

If you'd like to post a question, simply register and have at it!

While you're at it, please check out SmallNetBuilder for product reviews and our famous Router Charts, Ranker and plenty more!

OpenVPN server for iOS

Discussion in 'ASUS AC Routers & Adapters' started by pinklerose, Jul 10, 2018.

1. pinklerose

pinklerose New Around Here

I’m trying to setup OpenVPN server for my iOS devices without success.
    I have been trying tls and static-key in advanced settings.

Can anyone share settings I have to use?

2. Please support SNBForums! Just click on this link before you buy something from Amazon and we'll get a small commission on anything you buy. Thanks!
  3. bbunge

bbunge Very Senior Member

Default settings should work with latest firmware. I use Username / Password Auth. Only, Internet and local network, 1024 bit key and you may want to change the port as I have found some free WIFI sites block port 1194.

4. pinklerose

pinklerose New Around Here

I did a really stupid mistake while I was testing it at home. I didn’t turn off WiFi on my mobile and openvpn app couldn’t connect. Now everything is working properly and default settings are good enough.

Please support SNBForums! Just click on this link before you buy something from Amazon and we'll get a small commission on anything you buy. Thanks!