1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
Dismiss Notice

Welcome To SNBForums

SNBForums is a community for anyone who wants to learn about or discuss the latest in wireless routers, network storage and the ins and outs of building and maintaining a small network.

If you'd like to post a question, simply register and have at it!

While you're at it, please check out SmallNetBuilder for product reviews and our famous Router Charts, Ranker and plenty more!

openvpn server users dissapeared

Discussion in 'Asuswrt-Merlin' started by weslsew, Apr 24, 2019.

1. weslsew

weslsew New Around Here

I rebooted my 86U this morning, and noticed that after the reboot, I was unable to connect to the openvpn server and was getting an auth failed error message. I tried both usernames I have setup and neither worked. I thought to try logging in as "admin" and was able to connect just fine. I then went to openvpn settings and noticed that both of the openvpn users I had created were gone. Any ideas? Merlin 384.10_2

2. L&LD

L&LD Part of the Furniture

Maybe the reason for the reboot is a clue?

3. weslsew

weslsew New Around Here

Ok this gets even weirder. While I was in the router, I noticed that jffs was full. Apparently traffic monitor was storing data there instead of on a flash drive like I had set up before. Got that squared away and did another reboot and the router revereted to factory settings

L&LD likes this.
  4. L&LD

L&LD Part of the Furniture

No, that explains it actually. Running out of storage or RAM and the router chokes. Glad you know what it was at least.

5. RMerlin

RMerlin Super Moderator

The RT-AC86U stores some of its settings in the /jffs partition. if it gets filled/corrupted/reformated, then those settings will be lost.

L&LD likes this.
  6. weslsew

weslsew New Around Here

Ok thanks. I’ll have to keep an eye on that from now on