What's new

Overclock AC68U

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

paulb787

Occasional Visitor
I have been reading that there is a overclock button for the ac68u and it will go to 1ghz? is this ture I cant find it anywhere?

Thanks

I found it under performance tuning on merlins firmware. What do you think? Ram w/ upate tool or CPU with button overclock? I am at 83C now at 1.0ghz. hope that is safe.

Also, if you do the DDR update tool can you go back to the old bootloader and change it to its default speed?

THNX

I found it under performance tuning on merlins firmware. What do you think? Ram w/ upate tool or CPU with button overclock? I am at 83C now at 1.0ghz. hope that is safe.

Also, if you do the DDR update tool can you go back to the old bootloader and change it to its default speed?

THNX

The RAM clock increase is within the official HW specification. It's not overclocking, and it will be 100% stable.

The CPU clock increase to 1 GHz is pushing the CPU beyond its official specification (800 MHz). It's overclocking, and it might not be 100% stable.

In my tests, the CPU clock increase provided the best performance gain. But it's up to you (and your router) to determine whether it will be stable enough.

You cannot downgrade the bootloader, unless you were willing to manually make a backup of it, and be willing to take the chance of manually reflashing it. This is HIGHLY dangerous however, and I will provide no assistance in doing so.

merlin i have used the router for a little over a day without any problems at 1ghz (temps no higher than 85c on cpu). whats the best thing to stress test a router?

merlin i have used the router for a little over a day without any problems at 1ghz (temps no higher than 85c on cpu). whats the best thing to stress test a router?

Not ideal, but what I would do is install iperf on the router (through Optware or Entware), then run an iperf client on a LAN computer, transfering a few gigs of data like this between the router and the LAN device.

What would be better would be to disable HW acceleration, and do the same thing between the LAN and the WAN port of the router, making the CPU handle 300-350 Mbits of sustained traffic routing.

Did anyone try 1200/800 on AC68?

Side note: I hear that R7000 can go up to 1400MHz on CPU... :(

Did anyone try 1200/800 on AC68?

Side note: I hear that R7000 can go up to 1400MHz on CPU... :(

Yes, I heard that as well, 1400MHz. on R7000 CPU, and no extra cooling needed.

Tempting *smile*. I'm not going to do that just to do it, though, I'd need a load that would justify taking the risk. But that's just me.

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!