What's new

Can't overclock over 1000mhz RT-AC68U

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

mrsgna72

New Around Here
Hi, I've got a RT AC68U with base 800mhz cpufreq, as long as I overclock to 1000mhz there is no problem, but when i try to overclock at 1200mhz it keeps crashing...i'm using Merlin 386.10

Thanks for sharing this information. Your CPU obviously can't handle 1.2GHz overclock. Your firmware version is unrelated. It will keep crashing on any firmware.

Thanks for sharing this information. Your CPU obviously can't handle 1.2GHz overclock. Your firmware version is unrelated. It will keep crashing on any firmware.
Ohh ok thank you, I thought it was a firmware related problem because I've seen threads of people overclocking AC68U to 1200mhz or even 1400, maybe my model has got an older or weaker CPU

Overclocking results were never guaranteed on any electronics.

Overclocking results were never guaranteed on any electronics.
Not to mention the extra heat, potential instability, and most definitely a shorted lifespan. There have been some exceptions or unicorns as we called them. Most notably was the old Celeron 300 Mhz that could be overclocked 50% to 450MHz. This also had the benefit of raising the FSB from 66MHz to 100MHz

you did not provided version of AC68U
AC68U v1 was able to be stable most cases at @1200/800 CPU/RAM and same @1400/800 (my was operating for few months with it but temperature was up to 94C went dowl to @1200 to keep temperature at 85C- what is very important depend of CFE version same have locked RAM at 600 or CPU @1000 or do not allow OC at all. @1200-1400 you see big differences for torrents download with transmission, QoS etc.
My AC68U is OC @1200/800 for 10y now. RAM OC do not give much CPU does

here same info but CFE files are gone (will be hard to find one) you can confirm with your version
https://wl500g.info/archive/index.php/t-33222.html

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!