What's new

Per IP traffic manager does not work

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

tb87

New Around Here
Hi,

I've just installed asuswrt-merlin on my RT-N66U but per IP traffic monitor does not work (see screenshot here : https://ibb.co/fykpmm). It only shows "no clients" when going to the daily (but works in real time though).

I've also followed all the steps I could find on other threads in this forum but nothing worked. Is the feature functional for the latest firmware?

Thanks,
Alex

wait couple of hours and check again. it needs time to collect data.

Hi pattiri,

Actually I had enabled it yesterday and when I checked this morning nothing was showing, so it already ran for a couple of hours.

Alex

here is my Tools - Other settings tab. you can check if something different than yours. mine is working.

Screenshot_1.jpg

Just a reminder, you need to select "yes" "Create or reset data files" on the first setup.

Two differences : I'm using /mnt/sdb1/ as the history location, and I also selected "Create or reset IPTraffic data files" on first setup. Other settings are identical.

Is 5-6 hours enough runtime to have data for the day? I reset it this morning so I don't have all the data since yesterday, but maybe it takes 1-2 days? Or is there anything else?

"/mnt/sdb1/" should be your USB stick so it's OK.

select both "Create or reset data files: Enable if using a new location" and "Create or reset IPTraffic data files" as Yes and apply again. you need to see two files under "/mnt/sdb1/"

their names should be like "tomato_cstats_xxxx" and "tomato_rstats_xxxxx". after one hour statics should be shown.

I tried accessing the other folders contained in /mnt/sdb1 via the Samba share from my MBP but got an error. I then created another subfolder specifically for the log files and for some (unknown) reason I can access this new folder via Samba. I thus changed the logfiles location to the new folder, checking again the two required radio buttons. I now see the two files, but for the moment couldn't see any daily stat. I rebooted and... voila ! I now see per ip stats.

Maybe you can't place the file in the root directory of the USB stick? I had previously tried rebooting the router and it didn't work. Besides file location, can't see what that could be.

Well good, thanks a lot for your help pattiri!

"/mnt/sdb1/" should be your USB stick so it's OK.

select both "Create or reset data files: Enable if using a new location" and "Create or reset IPTraffic data files" as Yes and apply again. you need to see two files under "/mnt/sdb1/"

their names should be like "tomato_cstats_xxxx" and "tomato_rstats_xxxxx". after one hour statics should be shown.

I am trying to get mine to work also... just wondering a couple of things. How does /mnt/filename put the data log files to a usb stick? Would you not need to put (e.g.) H:/filename? What if you have multiple usb sticks plugged into the computer - how would /mnt/filename know which stick to select?

Also, what would happen if you unplug the usb stick... does it stop recording the data?

And finally... does it have to be recorded on a usb stick? Can you not store the data log files on your computer's hard drive? (or are you supposed to plug the usb stick into the router... not into your computer?

thanks in advance!

@jade888h The USB stick must be plugged into the router. The pathname (i.e. /mnt/sda1/...) is standard nomenclature for Unix systems.