What's new

Please please help : RT-AC68U - USB modem not connecting automatically again if connection drops

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

kishork

Regular Contributor
Friends please please please help me !!! I am facing major problem and this is driving me crazy..

what is happening is as below:

I have my Huawei 4G USB Dongle (E392u-92) attached to my RT-AC68U.. I connect to internet alright..

Please see below as internet connected alright:

net issue 1.jpg

but now the problem is that after some time (after few minutes or after few hours) if for any reason if my 4G signal drops, then the connection disconnects (which is correct) but after that the router remains in disconnected mode for hours and hours !!!! it is not making next attempt to reconnect ever again !!! it REMAINS in below situation for hours and hours !!! see "disconnected" but internet connection "on"

net issue 2.jpg

it will remain in this situation for hours.. so what i have to do is that I manually press that internet green "on" button, make it "off" and then make if "on" again.. and then the connection will establish and the above story repeats.. connection will be established, it will break after some time and then the router will not make any attempt automatically to connect !!!

I think this kind of capable router should make connection attempts automatically... that is not what is happening.. I am worried and frustrated because the connection drops and after that router wont make automatic connection attempts and i have to do that manually all the time.. i am tired of doing that all the time..

what do i do? whats going wrong?

please help..

awaiting your responses..

-Kishor

Friends please please please help me !!! I am facing major problem and this is driving me crazy..

what is happening is as below:

I have my Huawei 4G USB Dongle (E392u-92) attached to my RT-AC68U.. I connect to internet alright..

Please see below as internet connected alright:

I'd think dongle is not retrying once it drops connection. By any chance is there a newer driver for it? To me nothing wrong with router. When you lose connection did you unplug and replug in the dongle and see what happens?

I don't see any updated firmware sw for my dongle on huawei site..

And i have connected disconnected this stuff many many time by now..

It will connect to net, disconnect after some time for whatever reason i am not sure what it is, and it won't reconnect automatically again. . Hate to keep connecting it manually all the time. . That's not how this was meant to be. .

Not sure if it is modem which triggers connection or the router which asks it to connect..

I think it is router which is not making attempt to connect again. .

What can i do ?

Sent from my GT-N7100 using Tapatalk

I don't see any updated firmware sw for my dongle on huawei site..

What can i do ?

Do you have the dongle connected to the USB 2.0 or 3.0 port on the router? Some issues have been reported with the USB 3.0 port on the RT-AC68U

Do you have the dongle connected to the USB 2.0 or 3.0 port on the router? Some issues have been reported with the USB 3.0 port on the RT-AC68U

Its connected to USB 2.0 port of the router..

... so what i have to do is that I manually press that internet green "on" button, make it "off" and then make if "on" again.. and then the connection will establish and the above story repeats.. connection will be established, it will break after some time and then the router will not make any attempt automatically to connect !!!

-Kishor

If you switch to Merlin's firmware so that you can run scripts, you could try running the script found in post#28 here:

http://www.snbforums.com/threads/problem-rt-n66-with-cable-modem-dcm-475.22268/page-2#post-164550

The command "service restart_wan" in the script should be the same as you turning off and then on the Internet connection button.

If the script location "wan-start" does not work, you could try running it via a crontab entry.