What's new

Present one wireless ssid

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

garethsnaim

Occasional Visitor
Hello.

Following some strange disaster I cannot explain I had to hard reset my AC68U which runs merlin.

I have set everything back up except the wireless presents itself twice, where as before it only showed up as one, my wirless devices would then connect to either channel.

How can I set it back to showing up only once in my wireless devices? It has the same name and password for both 2.5 and 5

Use a new / different ssid or 'forget' both connections and then re-associate on each device individually.

Sorry not sure if I am being clear. On all of my devices now Asus shows up twice once for 5 and once for 2.5

Before it only showed up once as a combined 5 and 2.5, the device picked which one it wanted.

How do I get back to that postion on the router?

You were clear the first time! See l&ld's reply. You need to forget or remove the connection from your PC/device

I have. There are still two wireless networks with the same name being presented, and my devices are preferring the N not Ac. furthermore its a bit knackaered. 1 gig upload to LAN server from 1 min to 23 mins.

I really think something is buggered with this router and I don't know what it is.