What's new

[Preview] 380.57 alpha test builds for all models

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Status
Not open for further replies.
That's right - the option was removed when I merged Asus's UI in. Just setting it to "On" is all it takes.

You can check your System Log for any error message. It does start automatically at boot time for me.
Thanks, looking, I see I do have error messages when the nasapps are restarted. The two VPN restart tasks and the firewall start tasks are "skipped". It looks like this happens if I have NFS export enabled, and that is throwing an error message too. If I turn this off, the VPN servers start on a reboot.

I went back to 56_2 and had the same problem, so this does not seem to be a 57 issue.

Got the AC 66 OUT of loop , anyone else using the AC 66 as media bridge with 380. alpha ? I cannot get it to work , as soon as it uploads it goes to router setup page then goes blank , lights go crazy for a few minutes then the asus recovery page comes up and it takes a few times to work , have to revert to 378 56.2 and all is well .
Is there a trick to using this FW I'm not clued into ?
Thanks .

Apologies if I missed something said earlier about this, but does the RT-N66U support the new adaptive QoS? Because on alpha_4 the option is still not present, even after a factory reset. Was really looking forward to trying it.

Otherwise, it's been fine for me for the last few days. Wired and 2.4 wireless is working.

Thanks

Apologies if I missed something said earlier about this, but does the RT-N66U support the new adaptive QoS? Because on alpha_4 the option is still not present, even after a factory reset. Was really looking forward to trying it.

Otherwise, it's been fine for me for the last few days. Wired and 2.4 wireless is working.

Thanks
No, none of the MIPS CPU models support it, and won't support it in the future either. This feature is enabled in ARM CPU models only as it demands higher CPU processing power.

Had a look at my log and found these recurring log entries:

Dec 22 15:23:06 smbd[3540]: [2015/12/22 15:23:06.422849, 0] smbd/sesssetup.c:1355(reply_sesssetup_and_X)
Dec 22 15:23:06 smbd[3540]: reply_sesssetup_and_X: Rejecting attempt at SPNEGO session setup when it was not negotiated.
Dec 22 15:23:06 smbd[3541]: [2015/12/22 15:23:06.470115, 0] smbd/sesssetup.c:1355(reply_sesssetup_and_X)
Dec 22 15:23:06 smbd[3541]: reply_sesssetup_and_X: Rejecting attempt at SPNEGO session setup when it was not negotiated.

any ideas?

Got the AC 66 OUT of loop , anyone else using the AC 66 as media bridge with 380. alpha ? I cannot get it to work , as soon as it uploads it goes to router setup page then goes blank , lights go crazy for a few minutes then the asus recovery page comes up and it takes a few times to work , have to revert to 378 56.2 and all is well .
Is there a trick to using this FW I'm not clued into ?
Thanks .
I use an AC66U in bridge mode with an AC87U. No problems after Merlin fixed the previous bug. Be sure to download the latest 380 version as I also had problems with the first revisions.

I use an AC66U in bridge mode with an AC87U. No problems after Merlin fixed the previous bug. Be sure to download the latest 380 version as I also had problems with the first revisions.
Thanks it was latest Alpha 4 -5 ghe whatever 18th Dec , maybe something wrong with my ac 66 .
I'll waite for the beta or final

Thanks everyone who tested those builds over the past few weeks, it definitely made my life easier.

Locking this thread now, please switch to the final release.

Status
Not open for further replies.