What's new

[Preview] Asuswrt-Merlin 384.3 pre-release test builds

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have tested new 384.3 alpha2 on my ac68u and I have noted two problems 1) Enable/remove guest network doesn't work as previous 384.3 alpha1 2)reboot router is very slow and counter remain locked...again I came back to 382.3 beta 3

Good build so far except for the wireless "site survey" is not showing the signal strength.View attachment 11622

RT-AC68P 384.3 Alpha1

This problem has been closed in Alpha 2 :) But now there is a scroll bar on both sides? The Wireless name field is too large. Maybe that can be changed?

ASUS problem.jpg

This problem has been closed in Alpha 2 :) But now there is a scroll bar on both sides? The Wireless name field is too large. Maybe that can be changed?

View attachment 11665
It shows up normal on my side, Chrome with cleared cache.

Just a note, on alpha 2, 68u, guest network issue is still there, I'm not sure what's changed in the code since it's not stated in the changelog file. @RMerlin if the changes is insignificant, don't mind me.

Attachments

• Screenshot (3).png
    Screenshot (3).png
    223.5 KB · Views: 639
Last edited:
It shows up normal on my side, Chrome with cleared cache.

Just a note, on alpha 2, 68u, guest network issue is still there, I'm not sure what's changed in the code since it's not stated in the changelog file. @RMerlin if the changes is insignificant, don't mind me.

Thank you! I tested it in Firefox. Do you want to do that too?

@Martineau mentions here, there may be changes in 384.x that will require changes to the priority assignments.

Will need to monitor any changes to fwmark reservations Asus uses to avoid conflicts.

The v384.xx/v382.xx RPDB rule prio changes appear to be only implemented by Asus for explicit Dual-WAN Load-Balancing environments
e.g.
Code:
ip rule

0: from all lookup local

150: from all fwmark 0x80000000/0xf0000000 lookup TalkTalk
150: from all fwmark 0x90000000/0xf0000000 lookup wan1
200: from wan.xxx.xxx.xxx lookup TalkTalk
200: from 192.168.1.139 lookup wan1
200: from dns0.xxx.xxx.xxx lookup TalkTalk
200: from dns1.xxx.xxx.xxx lookup TalkTalk
200: from 192.168.1.1 lookup wan1
400: from all to wan.gw.xxx.xxx lookup TalkTalk
400: from all to dns0.xxx.xxx.xxx lookup TalkTalk
400: from all to dns1.xxx.xxx.xxx lookup TalkTalk
400: from all to 192.168.1.1 lookup wan1

10101: from 172.16.1.1 lookup NewYork

32766: from all lookup main
32767: from all lookup default

So the impact may be minor - probably only where I recommend/currently use fwmark 0x7000/0x7000 for forcing IPSETs/Ports via the WAN.

Last edited:
I'm running a ac3100 can anyone tell me if QOS data page display is still an issue with the alpha 2? Does a restore to factory defaults help?

Give me a moment, I'll test Edge as well later

Update: FF57.0.4 and Edge displayed it normally like chrome. Try to clear cache and login again.

Thank you for testing! I will try it tonight. I'll come back :)

Works for me. What browser?

The problem with the QoS statistics has been fixed in Alpha2 for RT-AC86U
Has this issue been resolved? It is the only problem I have with this firmware. QOS actually works well it seems, just no stats on QOS stats page. Can anyone else verify if another model besides the 86u shows data on the QOS data page please?

is possible somehowe change app name in traffic analyzer? i see General streaming but that is kodi addon...
F8H3AG.png

That's good to hear, will try to install Alpha 2 later today.

Just to verify: can dhcp_staticlist still be restored to nvram on a clean install? I think I've read somewhere restoring a full backup with nvram-save.sh might cause trouble...

I did a dhcp_staticlist restore to nvram on Alpha 1. No issues as far as I can tell. All clients are getting the correct IP address and the router has been running fine for a few days. No odd messages in syslog.log.

I would NOT do the nvram-save.sh/nvram-restore.sh. A restore I did from 382 caused problems... lots of syslog messages.
Until John gets a chance to update the script - I would avoid for now.

@RMerlin I'm pretty impressed with the early found stability in this alpha 2. For an alpha it is awesome!!

My RT-AC68U was in Media Bridge early on 384.3_A1 and then stopped working. Flashed A2 and media bridge still not working. Anyone experiencing this? I have a tplink repeater and it works fine.

I have a RT-68U working fine in Media Bridge mode - was on 380.69 then updated to the short lived 382.something, then 384.3_A1 and now 384.3_A2. No settings reset between updates ...

Has this issue been resolved? It is the only problem I have with this firmware. QOS actually works well it seems, just no stats on QOS stats page. Can anyone else verify if another model besides the 86u shows data on the QOS data page please?

The RT-AC86U was a very specific case, I had to revert a temporary fix that I had in place for 382.2. That model-specific fix has now been reverted.

s possible somehowe change app name in traffic analyzer? i see General streaming but that is kodi addon...

I don't touch Asus's Traffic Analyzer. The code is too complicated, and the backend database code is closed source.

My RT-AC68U was in Media Bridge early on 384.3_A1 and then stopped working. Flashed A2 and media bridge still not working. Anyone experiencing this? I have a tplink repeater and it works fine.

People reported media bridge is broken in 384_10007, so nothing I can do about it.

Status
Not open for further replies.