Problem with Merlin and ISP config

gatitofroilan

New Around Here
Hi , i have a provider that send me internet data with ppoe and voice with DHCP on same ethernet wire (voip on vlan43) i have configured that on a tomato, ppoe on WAN1, and DHCP on WAN2 all on the same cable, then conected to my old router an ATA that get out the voice, but witth merlin i dont get how to configure a WAN2 on same wan Interface and configure DHCP for it.
that could be posible?

i have tried with iptv vlans, but no option to configure dhcp for vlan43 so i have no voice, my new router RT-N88u or RT-N86u (i have both) havent option to install tomato on it

Thanks!

gatitofroilan

New Around Here
Hi, i have a RT-AC88U , firm Merlin 386.4.

I have advanced a little bit, i have created Vlan43
$robocfg vlan 43 ports "4t 8t"
then with added to eth0
$vconfig add eth0 43
Then up vlan43
$ifconfig vlan43 up
now added route
$route add -net 10.1.0.1 netmask 255.255.255.255 vlan43

and i have 2 problems,
1st : (udhcpc -i vlan43 -p /var/run/udhcpc1.pid -s /tmp/udhcpc -b) i execute this command and it says to me the ip that reveive from dhcp vlan43, but dont assign it to the vlan interface, and i need that be assigned because if i set static would cause problems...
for the tests i are stablishing the ip manualy and dont using dhcp because dont work to me :(

2nd: when i ping from router from various interfaces:
LAN INTERFACE;
ping -I eth0 10.1.0.1
PING 10.1.0.1 (10.1.0.1): 56 data bytes
^C
--- 10.1.0.1 ping statistics ---
7 packets transmitted, 0 packets received, 100% packet loss

VLAN43:
ping -I vlan43 10.1.0.1
PING 10.1.0.1 (10.1.0.1): 56 data bytes
64 bytes from 10.1.0.1: seq=0 ttl=64 time=2.311 ms
64 bytes from 10.1.0.1: seq=1 ttl=64 time=1.329 ms
64 bytes from 10.1.0.1: seq=2 ttl=64 time=1.146 ms
^C
--- 10.1.0.1 ping statistics ---
3 packets transmitted, 3 packets received, 0% packet loss
round-trip min/avg/max = 1.146/1.595/2.311 ms

From vlan43 i ping the sip server, but from lan interface i dont

i am lost, any ideas?

thanks in advance :)

gatitofroilan

New Around Here
No one as idea?, im going crazy to make it work :(

Jeffrey Young

Very Senior Member
Sorry man, I don't. I only know of one person who does VoIP Phone with an Asus Router. In his case, he just setup port 3 as a STB port via the Router (IPTV as you suggested) and the VoIP box does the rest.

You are saying, you need your router to handle the DHCP IP reservation/VLAN assignment to your VoIP equipment. Strange that the VoIP equipment does not handle this.

gatitofroilan

New Around Here
Sorry man, I don't. I only know of one person who does VoIP Phone with an Asus Router. In his case, he just setup port 3 as a STB port via the Router (IPTV as you suggested) and the VoIP box does the rest.

You are saying, you need your router to handle the DHCP IP reservation/VLAN assignment to your VoIP equipment. Strange that the VoIP equipment does not handle this.
I will have access to voip lan from my network so i can register my voip line on softphone or asterisk. My problem is with routes i think but i dont get to troubleshot it. I have voip lan ip on vlan43 but i cant ping it from my lan

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!