What's new

Product recommendation list?

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

HeyRadar

New Around Here
I would love for SNB to have a product recommendation list/sticky.

Similar websites have recommendations for CPUs, video cards, etc. that are grouped depending on what you use them for. I'd love to see something similar here.

Some sample categories would be:

Home Categories:
for users looking for equipment for home use
  • Home Routers
  • Home Wireless Routers
Small Office/Home Office Categories:
for people that need more advanced network configurations. Maybe 1-10 computers in a small office using work groups and shared printers, basic internet. No VPN, etc. Example maybe small Doctor's office. Dry cleaners. Most should be plug-n-play components. That are reliable. They won't mind spending a little more for the reliability.
  • SOHO Routers
  • SOHO Wireless Routers
  • SOHO Simple Switches
Small Businesses Categories:
(maybe 5-20 PCs) that need advanced, but straight forward networking. Maybe they need to have VLANs, VPN access, etc. Examples would be churches (VLAN/PoE), small hotels (VLAN/PoE), engineering firm (VPN). Something they could do themselves with a little effort.
  • Small Business APs
  • Small Business Simple Switches
  • Small Business Advanced Switches (VLAN, PoE)
  • Small Business Routers/Firewall Devices

I'm not sure I'd get more complex than that. Anything that is more complex will either hire a firm to deploy it for them, or have an in-house engineering team.

What do you think?

Well just my 2 cents...

This site is specifically designed for all of those categories all in one already. Meaning the same router you deploy at home..is also intended for "small business" as well.The same thing for other devices like switches/nas/voip gear..etc etc. The reviews usually on this site point out the features or lack of features also, and if the reviewer-er doesn't then he/she usually says "this devices has the same features as "Model xyz"

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!