What's new

PSA - Check TrendMicro Signature

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

CaptnDanLKW

Not a big item, but since my system has been stable for a while I have not gone into the device for a few weeks.

I did this morning and noticed my TrendMicro Signature was on version 2.388 (Early Feb) and since then, even after updating to 386.12._6 a few weeks ago.

A manual check triggered a fetch of the latest version. 2.394 Updated : 2024/03/19 07:28

Not sure if my device was forgetting to check, or if it was a coincidence that my manual check aligned with a new release.

YMMV, just a heads up if you use the Trend engine.

Not a big item, but since my system has been stable for a while I have not gone into the device for a few weeks.

I did this morning and noticed my TrendMicro Signature was on version 2.388 (Early Feb) and since then, even after updating to 386.12._6 a few weeks ago.

A manual check triggered a fetch of the latest version. 2.394 Updated : 2024/03/19 07:28

Not sure if my device was forgetting to check, or if it was a coincidence that my manual check aligned with a new release.

Thanks I never check that , looked today and hit check and it updated to 2.394 I assumed it updated o its own

It should usually update itself every 24 or 48 hours (I forgot the frequency).

If it should, it isn't.

I've noticed earlier. It only updates manually.
Not a big deal, and I've never reported because I thought it wasn't supposed to update automatically
Automated updates have been working for me. The latest update on my GT-AXE16000 was on March 19th.

How did you check this? I've searched and can't find the spot...

on the administration page just above FW version for router at least it is on my models
Thank you, sir! Done and auto update worked for me...

on the administration page then firmware upgrade just above FW version for router at least it is on my models
Thanks. I assume that since mine shows nothing, that my Trend Micro is fully and completely shut off.

I know in the past I had seen recommendations to disable TM, but is that still recommended practice? I'm use the router (AX86) pretty basically, with no scripts, no file sharing (have a NAS for that), etc...

Thanks. I assume that since mine shows nothing, that my Trend Micro is fully and completely shut off.

I know in the past I had seen recommendations to disable TM, but is that still recommended practice? I'm use the router (AX86) pretty basically, with no scripts, no file sharing (have a NAS for that), etc...
I use Trend . so far it has blocked numerous so called scam sites on my children tablets and computers . I don't see any harm using trend , though it does use a bit of memory

I know in the past I had seen recommendations to disable TM, but is that still recommended practice?

There is no recommended practice.

Read the conditions, agree or don't agree to data sharing with Trend Micro, decide what fits better your own needs and requirements.

Hello,

Can anyone check check their logs after clicking the "Check" button for the Signature Version?
I already did the Hard Factory Reset due to my previous issue.

I'm suddenly on the latest 2.394 and says it was updated on 2023/11/16 20:35 even though I have all the optional features withdrawn since end of Nov 2023.

Whenever I press the "Check" button, the logs still show this:
Code:
Apr  1 02:18:09 rc_service: httpd 1553:notify_rc start_sig_check
Apr  1 02:18:11 kernel:  *** ERROR: [tdts_shell_ioctl_sig_op_get_app_db:757] Invalid output argument: 010f9340 0 bytes
Apr  1 02:18:11 kernel:  *** ERROR: [tdts_shell_ioctl_sig_op_get_app_db:757] Invalid output argument: 019d3338 0 bytes
Apr  1 02:18:11 kernel: The For ALL DEVICES flag of Prof 1 has been set to ENABLE
Apr  1 02:18:11 kernel: Successfully alloc ctrie: state num=19, mem=304
Apr  1 02:18:11 BWDPI: fun bitmap = 43b

But UI still says "Signature is up to date.".

I just don't know anymore. Might as well turn off AI Protection again if that fails.
Maybe that's normal?

(I'm using RT-AX55, stock firmware)

Update:
I have tried updating today.
Signature update still works even that log shows up.
I'm now on 2.396.

Last edited:

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!